Where the butt gone??????????

looks like they have hemped the standards and spliced them , iam not great with system but surely you would hang the standard with a double ?

We did it admittedly a few years back with high tensile bolts through the spigot.

All very well standing on the cup HSWT but building it from the umbilical is a bit much.:eek:

We did it admittedly a few years back with high tensile bolts through the spigot.

All very well standing on the cup HSWT but building it from the umbilical is a bit much.:eek:

yes that was common years ago especially in europe with the bolts. They use bolts with layher and splice as well in Oz.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Apparently this picture was taken in USA so enough said.

Explains a lot, docked next door to the "Gorilla" drilling rig years back in Dundee, FFS that was an education.:eek:

looks like they have hemped the standards and spliced them , iam not great with system but surely you would hang the standard with a double ?

That's the only way of doing it really without the use of tube as the 2.4 mtr bay needs to drop down again at 2.4 unless you was to drop a 1.2 mtr bay down .
Done loads of hanging scaffolds offshore with layher years ago on seaway heavy lifting barge Stanislave Yudin

Why have they got at least 3 lifts on it and not a board in site?:weird:

I can't tell if it's going up or down but I suppose when you have a nougat hanging on for dear life that is the least of your problems.:amuse:

The stanislav yudin
i seen it in 1995 at port glasgow doing a heavy lift.
Youve brought a tear to my eye charlie;)

The stanislav yudin
i seen it in 1995 at port glasgow doing a heavy lift.
Youve brought a tear to my eye charlie;)

She's just a little barge compared to the thialf formally known as DB 102 . Both run by the mad Dutch men with their handle bar tashes

looks like its been built from top down , lower standards on rope , put them in then splice, i think ?

I stayed on them both the 101 and the 102 i think they are the balder and the thialf as you say owned by the heerema bros
i worked on the seipem 7000 what a shiiithole

Why have they got at least 3 lifts on it and not a board in site?:weird:

I can't tell if it's going up or down but I suppose when you have a nougat hanging on for dear life that is the least of your problems.:amuse:

superstar scaffs , its not on , just use a fuckin board , :weird:

had a texan OIM who let us put droppers on with no butts just double to stand on , rush job , didnt have butts or enough tubes to cut, crazy , nearly broke my ankle, again

I stayed on them both the 101 and the 102 i think they are the balder and the thialf as you say owned by the heerema bros
i worked on the seipem 7000 what a shiiithole

Never been on the seipem but seen it in Rotterdam many times , nothing good said about it. Yeah the balder was always the balder the 102 became the Thialf and I'm not to sure if Heerema bought the 101 off Mcdermotts don't think they did .

superstar scaffs , its not on , just use a fuckin board , :weird:

had a texan OIM who let us put droppers on with no butts just double to stand on , rush job , didnt have butts or enough tubes to cut, crazy , nearly broke my ankle, again

Not my style, don't mind digging someone out a hole but FFS.

didnt want to do it , **** that , but guy i worked with did , i had to hop from right foot to left on the double till tube was in.

never again

Top Bottom