Where do i stand

Are the rules not, 1. Verbal warning. 2. Written warning. 3. Dismissal. Oldscaff's case seems to be instant dismissal without the use of 1and 2. Could have a case for unfair dismissal.

Sorry to hear that oldscaff , nothing personal mate but sounds like someone wanted you out and used this as an excuse

Are the rules not, 1. Verbal warning. 2. Written warning. 3. Dismissal. Oldscaff's case seems to be instant dismissal without the use of 1and 2. Could have a case for unfair dismissal.

Hi brandy, as far as i know as you say they are the rules will find out more tomorrow, cheers anyway

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Sorry to hear that oldscaff , nothing personal mate but sounds like someone wanted you out and used this as an excuse

Hi Phil, have thought about that aswell, been told they are not taking any more work on just finishing the contracts they have at this moment.They are not going to get rid of someone that has been with the company for 7/8 years when ive only been there 6 months.

Good luck Oldscaff, As an employer those are the rules governing dismissal, except naturally in the case of a layoff due to shortage of work.

There's no need to waste your money on a lawyer at this stage of the game mate. They'll probably charge you £75.00 ex vat for a 15 minute consultation.

If you think you have been unfairly dismissed, or have any work related grievence, then your first port of call should be ACAS. Acas - Home

They offer an excellent advice service for the cost of a phone call and should be able to tell you where you stand legally.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

That is true in most instances, but non-compliance with a company's H&S policy can usually be deemed as gross misconduct - Which is grounds for instant dismissal.

Oldscaff
As per my post you need to question your dismissal in a letter you have good ground for wrongful dismissal. You can claim for lose of earnings until you find a new job also ask for you job back first. I won a case against vange over a sausage butty because they sacked me without going down the proper channels. If you need any help let me know

now a do belive a want to hear the sausage butty sacking andy pmsl,weve had the brown sauce bubble now i need to hear the story of the butty wars.

Oldscaff
As per my post you need to question your dismissal in a letter you have good ground for wrongful dismissal. You can claim for lose of earnings until you find a new job also ask for you job back first. I won a case against vange over a sausage butty because they sacked me without going down the proper channels. If you need any help let me know[/QUO Thanks Andy & Phil181 have got a meeting in the morning with Citizens Advice ill let you know how i got on thanks again.

Oldscaff you better give Nic Cusdon a ring, seriously though if you get laid off not dismissed for gross misconduct, then you are entitled to a notice period.
Who is the company?

Oldscaff you better give Nic Cusdon a ring, seriously though if you get laid off not dismissed for gross misconduct, then you are entitled to a notice period.
Who is the company?

Hi Swifty, dont want to name the company just yet till i get it sorted one way or another.

i like that oldscaff one way or another.........now were talking lol.

Thats all i can do mate, the other two lads i was working with jacked today, even though they both said they will back me up.Cant ask for more than that.

You must have had some previous with the safety guy ?? or he's a complete **** ??

Celtic
I was working for vange and the locals sold the morning tea break in the canteen for about 20p anyway I was dismantling the stacks about 35 lifts and it was snowing so come the tea break I said **** it I am going in for some hot food anyway there was a BP punter in front and he told the chef make as many butties a he can with everything that is there LOL
So in good old scaff fashion I give him the true fat c#nt this and **** head you no the crack. Anyway next thing the van arrived and took me off site and strait to cubbys trap door ha ha daft c#nt just sacked me on the spot.
Got £2800 for the way he sacked me LOL
Still need to crack the little ****

the sausage butty story revealed.............this cubby sounds as bright as a button lol.

John cubby is a legend in his own rite ask anyone that has work for vange LOL little man but thinks he is 7th tall **** .

sounds a bit like don bostal formerly admiral london,horrible man.why hasnt cubby lost all his teeth?

cubbys trap door hahahahahah iv heard boys on here going on bout it,where is this creature now mate?

Top Bottom