"When i was on the tools..."

When I was on the tools,I thought fook that, Im gonna get off em and then tell everyone how good I was when i was on em...:confused:Now Im back on em I tell everyone how good I was when I was in the office.:rolleyes:

When I was on the tools, I found a spanner.
Not knowing what to use it for, I actually invented scaffolding, yes it was all my idea.
Problem solved, I then had something to use my spanner on.

When I was on the tools, I was ALWAYS in on Mondays. I turned up everyday 30 minutes early, so I could get my correct ppe on. NEVER went home early, worked in ALL weather conditions, Never chased the supervisor with a butt, if I had been knocked, never lumped a site agent, and never stuck a base plate under the rear wheel of a trailer because it was an hour late getting out to me.

When i was on the tools, fxxking hell its so long ago i cant remember, oh England won the world cup

when i was on the tools , the crack was good , now its
no horse play mr scaffolder or your off the job, bah

When I Was On The Tools 33 Years Ago, Oh Hang On A Tick I Still Am And Still Learning Everyday, Nothing New There Then.

when i was and still am----if a scaffolder got off a bus to have a discussion with someone he didnt see eye to eye with it was generally to batter feck out of hin not get fecking robbed.
Changed days my friends changed days indeed

When i was on the Tools......And my kids were at School, There was a kid in their class who's parents were of different Nationalities. His Father was from Iceland and Mother was from Cuba, they call him 'Icecube' :D

When i was at School there was a kid who's parents were' Mackems'.

We called him a 'Cxnt' Nice to know some things will never change.:D

Things have changed Paddy, we realise we have to speak to people from down south to be educated and we don't have to cross the water to get filled full of sh1t:D

Aaaaar pathetic young 'uns, when I was on the tools I worked so hard I DIED on site and had to be revived by paramedics, but I didn't whine like these youngsters would I got back up and got the job done!! Arrrr!

when tools were a spanner a podger and a stabila and maybe a tape in the top pocket if you were a smart arse

All this PPE these days , in my day we didnt even have boots bare foot we where , soles of our feet where like leather , and all these fancy titanium spanners we just used our teeth to tighten up the doubles. 20 five foot tubes on your shoulder and up a 60 foot ladder BARE foot thats what these young ones need , make real men out of them ;)

Tell this to the kids of today and they wouldent believe you.

All this PPE these days , in my day we didnt even have boots bare foot we where , soles of our feet where like leather , and all these fancy titanium spanners we just used our teeth to tighten up the doubles. 20 five foot tubes on your shoulder and up a 60 foot ladder BARE foot thats what these young ones need , make real men out of them ;)

When you was on the tools, you used WOODEN Spanners, lol.
Old git.... :p

When i was on the Tools, i worked a 25hr day 24/7......i used to get up a hour before i went to bed. This is me delivering the Bread before i start.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4tFzuFGUOI]New Hovis ad depicting the last 122 years - YouTube[/ame]

Nearly brings a tear to my eyes.
THATS what Britain is all about... Pride, Passion, Tradition and an unmatched will to Succeed and Win, at all costs.

"We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."
Winston Churchill - What a legend.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mq59ykPnAE&feature=fvwrel]Hovis 'Bike' advert 1973 (Britain's favourite TV ad) - YouTube[/ame]

Top Bottom