Whats your Opinion???????????/

spannerman

Reaction score
Got two lads that are really p.i.s.s.i.n.g me off, one takes days off willy nilly and does'nt even phone or text in the morning to let me know, the other has only done 17 full weeks out of 36 so far this year, I want to get rid but the higher archy say's different. But they are both getting a written warning when they turn in again weather the Md likes it or not, how can you run a depot with people like this around you, does my frekin head in.
Opinions welcome

Got two lads that are really p.i.s.s.i.n.g me off, one takes days off willy nilly and does'nt even phone or text in the morning to let me know, the other has only done 17 full weeks out of 36 so far this year, I want to get rid but the higher archy say's different. But they are both getting a written warning when they turn in again weather the Md likes it or not, how can you run a depot with people like this around you, does my frekin head in.
Opinions welcome

Written warning,thats should sort the problem if not feck them off.:laugh:

Make them a Supervisor or Contacts Manager... thats how its usually done aint it??

had one on our firm was only a labourer but was keen as mustard bit mouthee but got on with it. then he meet this bird and completley lost interest wouldnt get up tex or ring the same as your haveing spannerman. which made everybody else late for there jobs he had the leters from above and learnte the hard way. all hes done since hes left is bar work and rings nearly every month and asks if theres any jobs going as hes realised that the money he is getting now is rubbish and wants hes job back.

Not up to date with UK employment law but 17 weeks out of 36 is poor. Are they related to senior management?

No Not related HSWT both in today gave them the riot act told them it was only Md keeping them there job and they will get a written warning, they were like putty in my hands:bigsmile:

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Make them a Supervisor or Contacts Manager... thats how its usually done aint it??
if I give them promotion and they take my job how will I go shopping today for my dog food:D

---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Give them all the **** jobs

always works.
They got it today up 42 steps and past 5 houses to get to the last one,
:bigsmile: I feel good

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

had one on our firm was only a labourer but was keen as mustard bit mouthee but got on with it. then he meet this bird and completley lost interest wouldnt get up tex or ring the same as your haveing spannerman. which made everybody else late for there jobs he had the leters from above and learnte the hard way. all hes done since hes left is bar work and rings nearly every month and asks if theres any jobs going as hes realised that the money he is getting now is rubbish and wants hes job back.

Glad you havent taken him back on serve's him right.

Opinions are always easy to give but you are flogging a dead horse, get rid.

Would I be right in thinking they are fairly recently qualified?

Opinions are always easy to give but you are flogging a dead horse, get rid.

Would I be right in thinking they are fairly recently qualified?

As said in 1st post I want to get rid but Higher Archy wants to follow procedure

and No not recently qualified one late 30's and other mid forty's both been doing it from school.

Spannerman,

Get shot of them, they are obviously T-ss---, and dont employ Jason Gibbs he is obviosly worse.

that gibbo only lasted 6months on palmers. If he cant last there he cant last any where

Make there life sh ite till they jack save all the Argo off doin the proper way

As said in 1st post I want to get rid but Higher Archy wants to follow procedure

and No not recently qualified one late 30's and other mid forty's both been doing it from school.

That surprises me to be honest not the following procedure thing but the age and experience of them. It's probably following procedure that has let them slip through many a net and they have obviously never worked for a smaller firm as there would be no hiding place. Procedure is a must to be followed but as the recession bites hangers on are now much more easily disposed off as there has definitely been a change of emphasis with disputes like this.

Make them carry a load of long for a counter weight then tell them there has been a change of plan and carry it back.:idea:

Put the useless pair of mugs on price work then it dont matter how many days they work , they will probably jack the instant you tell them anyway as work dont seem to be of any interest to them and they are doing good lads out of work

Can't be many good lads out of work right now Phil, is there?

Not done this way Aom all the firms in our yard are flat out , getting gear seems to be the problem at the moment

Top Bottom