whats going on?????

dico

Reaction score
what the hell is going on with these trainning centres with these portfollios!!! ive been waiting 2 months as with my mate who put hes in at erith trainning centre the same time. ive just had another call tonight from a good freind hes been waiting 3 months for a sign off as well this is costing scaffolders that have done there course thosands with the delays iam not sure what the turn round with theses centres with the portfollios are but it needs to be addressed!!!! from what i can see they cant deal with the turn around perhaps a few more staff may be the answer its costing men dearly with the wait!! lets be honnest the part 1 ticket ante worth a wa!nk!! lads have payed there courses what about sorting the portfollios out so lads can book there 1 day course:mad:

Yes dico theres also the wait for your card i dont care as mine are sorted but do no men that have waited for there cards to come through post which delays there scaffold status. Cant understand dico with a big outfit like cisrs they cant get these small hicups sorted good luck anyway mate.

My brother in law has been waiting about 4 months as i understand they are not getting payed overtime so not many getting signed. So lads can't book the day assment, and if you can't renew there cards it's taking the **** out the boys

yes make you right hac 80 why take all the blokes money when they cant come up with the goods perhaps lads should hold back £500 untill there portpollios are returned £3.000000 turn over a year and they cant paye staff overtime somethings not right with the system every company has a hole somewhere cisrs a large one"""

I heard that portfolios got signed off by some external verifier. And they come in to some centres every 6months. I could have misheard that information but that's what I'm lead to believe.

every month well theres a problem then!!! the ecitb scaffolder me being 1 of then have gone back sat the courses now need the portpholio signed off!! bit of give and take would be nice!!! only costing me £300 a week every time i get payed foget the advanced rate thats gone along with the ecitb ticket. basic beter than nothing we have to move on with the times but how long does a trainning centre need to look at these portpholios!! 1.200 a month out of pocket nothing was put in place for the ecitb scaffolder drop in wages whilst trainning. so why the wait got another lad at work being payed trainee untill hes card comes through there should be a certificate issued whilst the card is in post. also got another lad doing a bit for the agenceys but hes haveing to lie about hes ticket saying its in post with the hold up in portpholios and 1 day final assecment. everybody needs to earn and have bills to paye even the vertifier so paye some ruddy overtime cisrs!!!

every month well theres a problem then!!! the ecitb scaffolder me being 1 of then have gone back sat the courses now need the portpholio signed off!! bit of give and take would be nice!!! only costing me £300 a week every time i get payed foget the advanced rate thats gone along with the ecitb ticket. basic beter than nothing we have to move on with the times but how long does a trainning centre need to look at these portpholios!! 1.200 a month out of pocket nothing was put in place for the ecitb scaffolder drop in wages whilst trainning. so why the wait got another lad at work being payed trainee untill hes card comes through there should be a certificate issued whilst the card is in post. also got another lad doing a bit for the agenceys but hes haveing to lie about hes ticket saying its in post with the hold up in portpholios and 1 day final assecment. everybody needs to earn and have bills to paye even the vertifier so paye some ruddy overtime cisrs!!!
Well said they are quick enough to take your money,there should be a refund for every week the don't sort this out ,

Certificate comes before your card mate.

yeah no mate but it still has trainee plastered over the bottom of certificate. even on part 2 certificate ive ripped my trainee part 1 card up coz when the client asked for your ticket it has trainee and you cant fix on most jobs!!! get my olde ecitb advanced card out they let you work even the client havent got a clue :laugh:what tickets what. only siemens seem to be on the ball:laugh:

Hit it on the head there dico. Just a ******* money making scheme all on false pretence blokes trying to pay bills went through all the Mickey Mouse training ******** paying thousands and hundreds for courses at a time for us to be waiting in ******* limbo with nothing in return and bills to pay and it's a lot of money I'm not getting because they can't get there act together and deliver the ******* card.

another satisfied customer i see lol!!!! seems the course seems to run fine then the paper work after goes to shot!!! your not alone jorden clamp had a call tuesday from a lad that was on hes part 2 with me and asked if i had received any information from the cisrs centre when i said no he rang them straight away!! it turns out with this scaffolder that he wasnt even down as being on the course as there was no paper work for him!! they only realised he had sat the part 2 course when he said he had a part 2 certificate.they said he wasnt on register or something down the lines of that!! any way they were going o sort him out that day. after he phoned otherwise hes porpholio would be in limbo!! from what i see the instructors are on the ball so it must be the paperwork after course has finished

Tried telling people.

No back bone, only a money spinner.

You can only keep a registration scheme like this going with 90% of scaffold companies involved not 30%.

I know I am going to get the usua,l but the NASC still states they have 75% of scaffold firms as members. If this was true then all would be good but its not.

They have even tried the one that NASC firms employ 75% of the scaffolders in the country, but more than 40% are agency!!!!

Want to move forward with the SCCR & the NASC that is one reason I have not posted much but they will not even talk to us.

CISRS could work but not off the back of govenment funding it needs stability, that needs money which would mean more than 230 scaffold firms in an Industry body! Lets get it sorted!!!!!

Stewart

rang up last week was told theres a problem with paperwork some missed out and to call in monday today!!! turns out i wasnt alone there was some other lads as well 1 had just finished a night shift at blackfrias london and one had drove down early hours from southampton i got my mate to drop me off on way to work as we were told by the office 10 mins turns out we were there for over 2 hours as 30% of the portpholio had gone missing after the course. iam not blaming the instructors but the after care of these nvqs were it took longer than 10 minutes. my work partner had to go as the boss was on the phone. so today its cost me £ 6,00 on bus fairs to dartford from erith then another £21,20 on train fairs from ebsfleet to ashford international. then another £15 pound for my wife to get me from dungerness plus a days wages. all because paper work went missing after course the centres had these portpolios 6 months ago my mate also rang up last week and refused to call in today as he said hes not loosing any more money from work they said he would have to go in. after a few calls from each party and hes refusal. they sorted hes out on the phone what do you need to get your tickets its costing me a fortune from this ecitb ticket!! theres a laps in the fileing system and it needs sorting

Last edited:
theres something in European legislation that we have signed up to that's basically a right to work,with this registration/guidance not being law your right to work should overrule the failings in this card scheme,needs a few test cases going to court to set a precedent but if your losing money because a scheme is failing you then I think its impeding your human right to work,suppose it depends on proving competence aswell but im sure your cv and references will more than back your case,will look up the exact law but its defo something to look at for the blokes who are being stopped and prevented from working because of a guidance scheme when they were previously able to do so,let alone the failings in that scheme!

its nothing short of a shambles i wouldnt be suprised if someone else is getting signed off on your credentials stranger things have happened
if everyone that this was happening to got together and got a lawyer involved regarding lost earnings and expenses etc it might just stop this sort of shoddy treatment of personal paperwork;)
hope you get it sorted out ASAP

Top Bottom