What would you do

paul

Reaction score
The situation is after twenty four years on the tools i was asked to go into the office as a suporvisor which i did , my son Works on the same company who twenty and is now running his own gang and doing very well but for some reason the guy who i work for seems to have it in for him and is always belittling him and pulling his work apart and as a dad it is hard to watch !
I have had a quite word with the guy which has made no difference .
Without knocking him out which believe me is tempting what else can i do apart from both of us working for someone else?

Man sounds like a cu nt Paul , its a very awkward situation you are in it you defend your son your seen as biased , i think i would have another word with him and explain the situation your in and that you will over see all your sons work and make sure its right.
He might only leave you with the chin him option in the end up.

sticky does he pull every 1 eles job or is it because its your son and your in the office it seems like it your sons job getting pulled if this is not the case just quietly tell him if he pull another 1 of ya sons jobs for no reason ull pull his nek lol

the union can sort bullys out, my laddy just started on the tools last year and would hate to think anyone would treat him like ****. ive learned if you take the matter into your own hands you come off worst by losing your job but go down the right channels and the bully with the little man syndrome will come off worse.

The situation is after twenty four years on the tools i was asked to go into the office as a suporvisor which i did , my son Works on the same company who twenty and is now running his own gang and doing very well but for some reason the guy who i work for seems to have it in for him and is always belittling him and pulling his work apart and as a dad it is hard to watch !
Without knocking him out which believe me is tempting what else can i do apart from both of us working for someone else?

Knock him out:laugh:

first post part sentence

well but for some reason the guy who i work for seems to have it in for him and is always belittling him and pulling his work apart and as a dad it is hard to

cannot split or give him the jobs

Last edited:
Maybe it's time for your lad to go out into the world on his own paul,your gaffer probally thinks you give preferential treatment,it sounds like you cant win either way,but it would be a shame for you to lose your position as well,after all your time on the twirlers are at an end and the young fella's got many years in front of him,hope you sort it one way or another:unsure:

If hes running his own gang,he cant be bad. Get your son out of it.Seems to be plenty on over there.

I would agree with Moon, if there really is a genuine problem go down a more official route as you have already had a quiet word. It would be a real shame if either of you lost out now you are both where you want to be.

Hi Paul,
I guess the first question is….. is you gaffer right?
If not ask him to show you where your sons work is lacking.

I would guess that someone other than you gave him a gang of his own to run?
If that is the case someone thinks something of him.
If the your gaffer is “The Gaffer” then you are short on places to take this as unless “The Gaffer” is more reasonable.
At some stage you son will need to be seen to stand on his own two feet about this matter and this should not involve you.

Good luck with this I am sure it is a poor position in which to find yourself

Paul quote
"the guy who i work for seems to have it in for him and is always belittling him and pulling his work apart"

Have another word with your gaffer,inform him that you as supervisor are responsible for the quality of work erected by ALL the scaffolders.

If he is not happy with your quality control of ALL the labour,then it may be time to sit down together and set some standards you both agree on.

Point out that you will not have him belittling any of your men,over your head,the in line management is him, to you, and you to the men

Paul quote
"the guy who i work for seems to have it in for him and is always belittling him and pulling his work apart"

Have another word with your gaffer,inform him that you as supervisor are responsible for the quality of work erected by ALL the scaffolders.

If he is not happy with your quality control of ALL the labour,then it may be time to sit down together and set some standards you both agree on.

Point out that you will not have him belittling any of your men,over your head,the in line management is him, to you, and you to the men
Sounds like a right c*ck, make the gaffer a nice cup of tea every morning but wipe you knob around the rim of the cup first and sit there laughing inside when he's busy slagging off your son cus you know crack. That should do it.

Make me own and now I know why.:sick:

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

The green tea is good for you boys especially as you are all getting to that funny age.;)

Top Bottom