What is part 1, part 2 and advanced scaffolder ?

Not sure about legally competent terminology. Theres Wahr as a regulation .As far as I know theres no law saying you have to have a ticket. I agree you should be competent to carry out the job in front of you. No doubt theres scaffs 20 years experiance but doing a part one for different reasons (Eictb) would handle these jobs no prob,
As far as I know scaffolding is regarded semi skilled, expensive training courses,not day release for college tuition. like sparks plumbers brickie(Boo). Maybe there lies the problem, (being semi skilled) Perhaps it should become a full trade as it should be.:wondering::cool:

Fred funny you should states this, I think this is the way it is going and then when scaffolders have to go back to collage just like the above trades every three years and pay for a weeks course with a pass/fail system in place god help us.

So from my understanding an advanced scaffolder is a journeyman scaffolder here.

And competent well that's in the eye of the beholder cause I know enough guys who are not competent but do have a ticket.

Really? once youve done your apprenticeship in these trades you dont go back on courses ever. Plumbers if registered for gas safe go back every 5 years for updates.
Electricians that hold an inspection ticket also have 5 year refreshers.

Really? once youve done your apprenticeship in these trades you dont go back on courses ever. Plumbers if registered for gas safe go back every 5 years for updates.
Electricians that hold an inspection ticket also have 5 year refreshers.

SPOT ON BUT WITH JOINERY AND PLUMBING YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO GO TO COLLEGE TO CALL YOUR SELF A PLUMBER/JOINER just means you wont have an nvq and can not touch gas,other than that you good to go in a white van wid ya name on the side

A full trade hmmm.........

Here we are considered a support trade in other words we are supporting the other trades. Bullocks I say if we weren't there nobody could do their work we are once of the first one in and the last one out.
And another thing here is that we are in the carpenters union we scaffolders don't even have an own union the trade would be a whole lot stronger if they did have an own union.
We have to have a ticket you won't get paid and they won't let you work on a union job, I don't know about non union jobs that might be a different ball game.

Is there a union over in the UK ?

Fred funny you should states this, I think this is the way it is going and then when scaffolders have to go back to collage just like the above trades every three years and pay for a weeks course with a pass/fail system in place god help us.

Maybe it should be like this.
Certainly separate the wheat from the chaff.
Certainly get rid of most of the: "that'll do" and "its not my dads firm" attitudes.

But will we be seeing the rate increase in our wages to justify it too?
Surely: Full trade = Full money? :suspicious:

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 AM ----------

A full trade hmmm.........

Here we are considered a support trade in other words we are supporting the other trades. Bullocks I say if we weren't there nobody could do their work we are once of the first one in and the last one out.
And another thing here is that we are in the carpenters union we scaffolders don't even have an own union the trade would be a whole lot stronger if they did have an own union.
We have to have a ticket you won't get paid and they won't let you work on a union job, I don't know about non union jobs that might be a different ball game.

Is there a union over in the UK ?

Several for Construction.
But none of them have any real power, because British Workers (most of them anyway) would rather stab you in the back for 50p, then stand beside you.

Union is only as strong as the people whom it represents.
British Construction workers seem to have lost their balls in recent years.

Thanks mate.
There you have it gents... if its good enough for a CISRS Instructor, it should be good enough for all of us. :)

CISRSThe Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS) has been the industry recognised scaffold training scheme for over 30 years. It is the preferred scaffolding qualification of all the major organisations including CSCS, NASC, HSE, UKCG, T&G, UCATT and the largest scaffold systems manufacturers.

As stated it is the "preferred" scaffolding qualification. It does not say the only legally accepted scaffolding qualification.

Top Bottom