What do you think?

sounds like a desighn dwg needed to me mate as it dont sound like a tg20 basic scaffold,
may wanna fink about covering your arse or wot would the nasc say ha ha

That's what we do best Phil. The invoice is already in the post.:cool:

Naw, the MC has already confirmed the suitability of the roof, we are just trying to cover our bases and take a bit of the load off as well.

Lets have a look at your engineers drawing....

Lets have a look at your engineers drawing....

I will have to refer you to the main contractor who will of course hold all the correct certification as regard the roof. We are just building a basic job on his foundation and trying to help his figures by taking a bit of the load off the roof.:cool:

if the roof is porpped why not just run boards doubled up along the roof then base out on top of the boards , surely if the roof propped and the weight is spread there shouldnt be any problems,

That would have done it Hatterscaff, cheers but would you believe none of the previous ideas really helped.:embarrest:

I mentioned to the mc that I wasn't 100% sure of his method of propping the roof and couldn't believe the way they swung straight into action, not something we are used to round these parts, the contractor is from Cornwall and was actually delighted I raised a concern before going on the roof. Any way Super we have double boarded it as you suggest but I felt the composite board would still crush as it feels more like an egg box. They were in contact with their engineer who told them to do additional supports and they uncovered 3 heavy duty steel beams on supporting pillars so they now reckon I can build a buttress of this to support the main job, they are also coring out so we can put tubes straight through the wall, and before you ask Steve, the buttress will have a design, the only real problem now is we have lost at least a day but better that than going through the roof.

You will manage it no probs with a wee bit of enginuity and some head scratching feck
E if they asked for a bridge to the moon we could build it and all without a drawing
I have every faith in your abilities

use beams but extend them externally of main scaff as you would in hanger picture it like tower crane but cover arec by getting mc to get design all down to insurance scaffs do time for other things than taking rap for bosses

There is some guy in Edinburgh doing a design for it now as we speak. It's turning in to a bigger job than anticipated and they haven't finished yet.

I know you are a porridge munching techoDUD, But surely they have digital camera,s up Dunoon this day an Age Aom. :laugh: You could then plug that in to your 5000 Ziggerbit Macbook ( scottish laptop :laugh: ) and uploaded to forum :eek:

I know you are a porridge munching techoDUD, But surely they have digital camera,s up Dunoon this day an Age Aom. :laugh: You could then plug that in to your 5000 Ziggerbit Macbook ( scottish laptop :laugh: ) and uploaded to forum :eek:

Aye, yer funny for a Geordie.

To be serious though, I feel one of the main reasons a bit of the craic has gone out the forum is because we are all a bit more aware of who is viewing it. I mentioned a dik head of a safety man on here once and I got a dig from 3 of them wanting to know why I was slagging them off, ffs I deal with dozens of you cents in a day.

I could post pics but believe it or not I'm not buttoned up the back but I could e-mail if you were genuinely interested.

Much the same reason I didn't post the pictures of that tough job I've got.

I just like to Exercise my brain looking at solutions, and seeing other peoples point of view and idea,s .

It would be interesting one day to post a job up on here get everyones views and Ideas then compare it to what a designer recomends me thinks :unsure:

Yeah I would too but I just think it's not worth the grief. The job I was talking about probably could be put up but the deal is not signed but the contractor tells me he is waiting for the householders to stump up the cash in a separate account before he starts so anything can happen. It also means by the time all that's done the scaffold will need to be up within days and I won't be able to get a design. It's the usual crap.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

And by the way, that's a couple of times you have mentioned Dunoon, I'm from Campbeltown around 120 miles or so from Dunoon but live in Lochgilphead which is around 60 miles from Dunoon. Are you a fekin Manc.;)

I got Dunoon in my head because of something you have said on here in the past or had on your profile at some point , cant remember but defo cos of you.

What,s wrong with Dunoon like :laugh:

Might have been chatting with Rigger or one of the older ones who only really only remember Argyll from the days when they tried to build a rig or 2 close to Dunoon but totally fecked it up. That was back in the late 70's maybe early 80's.

Speaking off fecking something up, my job is solid but engineer is coming to sit in the morning to give it the once over before hand-over. He may have bigger fish to fry though as it turns out the top of the roof was cut off years ago and leaded over but they never tied the truss timbers right and the weight of the roof is pushing the external walls out, I have tied in to it but I'm not 100% sure what is holding what up.:eek:

Top Bottom