weather boards

dico

Reaction score
when you come a cross a board that creeks and you no its going to go exspecially a 13. at any time do you filter it back into the yard or do you snap it in half well i snap them not every body will agree with me but i think there beter out of the way rather than filter them back!!

did you have any trannys under it when it creeked or where you sat down having a brew with all the gridders pal

Snap em bigguns become littluns and then soles then.....matchsticks lol

No doubt at all Snap the Buggers, then send back to yard for clean cutting and re-banding,or cutting down into sole pads

I always check them as they go on the lorry/job,any creaking they get snapped then back to yard to be cut up or sold off for allotment boards.

I just bought another 800 new boards to replace any dodgy boards that turn up from time to time. All dodgy boards should be snapped but I have seen some used for toe boards rather than passing them back down. This was never really a problem a couple of years ago but now the boards are stacked banded and moved around with either a fork lift or hi-abb and we don't seem to pick up the dodgy ones as easily as when every shift was by hand. As per usual, most of the boards are cut down for pads but we like to keep some for Guy Fawkes, as the locals are getting good at putting on a show and build the guy from my old boards.

""brought 800 boards"" fook me aom how much dough have you got !! Was that a caspian deal

Didn't bother with Caspian, all my boards were already kite marked. Told you I was busy.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Pair of erse's.:noworry:

good to hear my friend , we too are busy there seems to be a fair few that are busy and fair few just ticking over so its hard to say things are on a roll just yet

Aom u are correct u did

Super - he cant be a real jock he has spent money

Agreed, we have a couple of big(ish)jobs on the go which are extra to our usual work load. There are a few things floating about for when they are done but nothing concrete, but if we hit a wee dip I am hoping the last few months graft will carry us through.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Aom u are correct u did

Super - he cant be a real jock he has spent money

Strong Irish blood coursing through these veins.;)

Aom you could have sold your old boards down this way the state of some of the second hand ones that are for sale :eek:

what is Caspian ?

Caspian is a big northern dealer good outfit big time board importer

www.caphltd.com

when you come a cross a board that creeks and you no its going to go exspecially a 13. at any time do you filter it back into the yard or do you snap it in half well i snap them not every body will agree with me but i think there beter out of the way rather than filter them back!!
Snap it on the spot,that way l know,it ain't going anywhere. Then re-cut it to next size down or sole pads,or it goes for the fire.

Aom you could have sold your old boards down this way the state of some of the second hand ones that are for sale :eek:

what is Caspian ?

Caspian had a deal where they would give you £4 for your old non kite marked boards as long as you replaced them with their stamped ones. Never looked at the small print but at first glance it looked ok.

Top Bottom