walkout on lucite billingham

agadootoo

Reaction score
mass walkout on lucite billingham by scaffs and other trades . 14 scaffs paid off after asking for blue book rates on forthcoming shutdown .. large picket line on gate this morning with good support many cars turned back. SHAME on those who crossed it. you knowwho you are..:mad: ongoing dispute

mass walkout on lucite billingham by scaffs and other trades . 14 scaffs paid off after asking for blue book rates on forthcoming shutdown .. large picket line on gate this morning with good support many cars turned back. SHAME on those who crossed it. you knowwho you are..:mad: ongoing dispute

shame some people have no spines its time for us all to stick together scaffs paid off due to asking for blue book then marched off site by supervisors lets see how many go thru it tomorrow

shame some people have no spines its time for us all to stick together scaffs paid off due to asking for blue book then marched off site by supervisors lets see how many go thru it tomorrow

Supervisors worst job in the scaffolding industry, hated by the men for daring to take the giant step into management and looked down upon by the management because underneath they are still a scaffolder, poor to55ers cannot win

Supervisors worst job in the scaffolding industry, hated by the men for daring to take the giant step into management and looked down upon by the management because underneath they are still a scaffolder, poor to55ers cannot win

They can in but not by marching a Man off site is that how they please there peers Marching a man off site who was speaking up for the lads is that how we treat people well unfairly dismissed lads have the backing of the full site hitting the gate till problem is solved

one thing i will say is you lads stick together but you do love walking out a little bit to much sometime.
And before anyone starts ranting i have taken the lads out loads of times and in the north then got shafted by the lads

one thing i will say is you lads stick together but you do love walking out a little bit to much sometime.
And before anyone starts ranting i have taken the lads out loads of times and in the north then got shafted by the lads

Dog eat dog eh Andy

is it a blue book site or are anyother trades being payed the blue book rate,if not its a hard 1 to win.
On the unfair dismissal they should win it hands down.
Good to hear the rest of the site came out in support lets hope they stick together and get what they want and deserve.

Who is the scaffolding company involved.

Name and shame any scabs

back the steward all the way;)

is it a blue book site or are anyother trades being payed the blue book rate,if not its a hard 1 to win.
On the unfair dismissal they should win it hands down.
Good to hear the rest of the site came out in support lets hope they stick together and get what they want and deserve.

Who is the scaffolding company involved.

Name and shame any scabs

back the steward all the way;)

firm is hertel on there an everyone is on a diff rate for example adv scaff 10.36 plus 2.50 bonus **** i know cordell 14.50 plus bonus!!! i was informed every shutdown/outage was blue book plus new build?

its funny to mock a mans living and morals now is it jakdan not worthy of a real reply

ok jim i will give you a real reply,
why did they start the job on so called shity rates,? i wouldnt start until i new what I was on, i would be happy with the rate i started on till the day i left unless it was negotiated to rise after a certain time and prove i could do the job.
why once on the job do they all get together and start causing trouble? stand on your own 2 feet UNLESS your getting bullied.
the shut down hasnt even started and they are on about a strike, ffs.
ITS THIS ATTITUDE THAT IS FUKCING THE COUNTRY AND THE TRADE.
SO DONT GET ON YOUR HIGH HORSE WITH ME ABOUT MOCKING A MANS LIVING.
I will stand up and fight for everything that is right but i wont start bulsh1t trouble for a friday on the piss.
ive been in the game for 24 year from yard rat to manager and saw it all.
answer this: how many of them lads on that job have been out of work for 6 month or more?
how many started on say £11.50 per hour and were happy to start?
Agadootoo, i will show you support but give me a reason.
I agree rates are absolutely sh1t at the minute,the boys where i work are on sh1t money but they get on with it, i was making more 15 year ago in the same yard, i am not saying it is right but if you dont cut your prices you loose the work, there is no money out there.
im not saying be happy with what you've got, but you have to get on with it for the time being anyway.

rant over. unbelievable

Think you will find jakdan it's people like you ruining the job for all you have missed the point lads were unfairly dismissed when asking about the rate and as for a Friday on the piss were all back out on the morning not everything I'd about drink you prick maybe with the lads you work with it might be

Before you or anyone else bites my head off.
Im one of the 'good guys', a proper Scaffolders - Scaff.

But surely you'd have wanted to find out the rate BEFORE turning upto work for this firm?

I mean, its an unwritten golden rule aint it?

Ask firstly:
  • How much money?
  • How many hours?
  • How many days?
  • How many weeks work in total?
  • Digs/Travel and Overtime, if possible?

Before turning a spanner...?

Not that getting ripped off is right.
Its fukking out of order.

But dont make things too easily for the guys at the top and dont give them an inch of rope to hang you with.

All the lads were under the impression it was blue book for the outage then to be told it is not union now involved an it's all in our favour we have the backing of the majority of the site and many sites around us

Think you will find jakdan it's people like you ruining the job for all you have missed the point lads were unfairly dismissed when asking about the rate and as for a Friday on the piss were all back out on the morning not everything I'd about drink you prick maybe with the lads you work with it might be

lads dont get dissmissed for asking about rates, if they were they will win thier case( i wont hold my breath) no need to call me a pr1ck keyboard warrior, this is my opinion.
how long has the place been open?
is it a blue book site?

Teesside £20m Lucite site to power up car battery - Business News - News - nebusiness.co.uk
it wont be long before the likes of YOU fukc up BRITISH steel again,

Top Bottom