walked oot my job!!

kev1988

Reaction score
Arite am a scaffolder working up in aberdeen i have just walked out my job

Last edited:
Theres so many like it mate.
Seems that some firms, are a law un-to themselves.

you done the right thing by walking out kev. lifes too short as it is. if good scaffs keep leaving this firm theyrl be left with crap and soon av to rethink theyr dodgy ways.

thank fck i walked out! thay were only small firm thay have been around for 9-10 years. thay only had 1 scaffoler when i starded. there was me who was on 12 an hour and 6 labourers on 6-7 an hour. it was a total piss take, we there geting sent to jobs with no singles/band an plate exc... the money was crap and most of the gear was absolutly fckd i could go on and on! there was bad practice going on all the time! GOOD RIDINS TO BAD PRACTICE

Last edited:
nothin worse than bad material kev let alone bad money..takes twice as long to do the job when you havnt got the recources..if its mostly street work a safety officer prob wnt get to see the bad materials..accident waitin to happen.

Where the fxxk`s the HSE when you need them, they should be on the scene prosecuting cowboys like these, never mind doing good companies for having a toe board missing or some other trivial matter

all you have to do is report them! the HSE will act.

Jakdan if you phone the HSE in Leeds over a scaffolding matter the call gets transferred to your neck of the woods Washington, nobody from the HSE in Leeds gives a flying fxxk

You done the right thing by f.ucking them off let their clients know if you want to stir some s.hit

Is that cos they target companies that can pay???

Bang right frederik, once got told that the HSE would rather prosecute one of the main players like Harsco or Interserve for a minor infringement than a one man band for a serious breach of health and safety, they reckon it makes better reading when a top company is involved, i always thought safety was paramount whoever was concerned

very true the big companies always get screwed...the likes of street jobs rarely get inspected so the small firms get away with murder..the bigger the job the more interest from the hse..its wrong.how many threads have been on here with scaffold around a house/shop collapsing or materials fallin from them...who fills in the material inspection sheet?

lol its the same up here thay dont give a fck this bandit firm have been getin away with it for nearly 10 year

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

very true the big companies always get screwed...the likes of street jobs rarely get inspected so the small firms get away with murder..the bigger the job the more interest from the hse..its wrong.how many threads have been on here with scaffold around a house/shop collapsing or materials fallin from them...who fills in the material inspection sheet?

the material come from the yard and no body checks the gear intill we're at the job! one day i refused to put rotton boards in so the next day thay sent me to some other job on a boat! couple days later i was bk on the job i refused to put the boards into, the fckin bandits put the rotton boards in, i was like are uz fcking joking we were nine lifts up lol!! i think me sayin this is bad practice is being kind!! thank for all ur comments lads

its not only bad practice but a serious breach of health and safety..thing is it wnt change until some poor unfortunate falls threw a rotten board..then theyl prob get fined round 3-4k..fu**kin cowboys..

Sorry to hear of your problems Kev, especially with a firm sporting such a prestigious name. Now you have tried the pretenders how do you fancy a start with the real Argyll scaffolders, not a rotten board in site and all galv tube?:cool:

Sorry to hear of your problems Kev, especially with a firm sporting such a prestigious name. Now you have tried the pretenders how do you fancy a start with the real Argyll scaffolders, not a rotten board in site and all galv tube?:cool:

arite mate see ur called argyll aswell sorry for the bad advertising :laugh::laugh: bloody nitemare bud... where u based and what u paying?? :amazed:

We are a small street and site firm working in Argyll called Aom Scaffolding Ltd. I worked in Aberdeen for a couple of years and know the drive very well and will take you a good 4 hrs depending on where you are. We need a scaffolder who can drive, you wouldn't believe the amount of guy's that don't bother passing their test nowadays. I will pm the rest.

kev, that money is a piss take! the labourers should be getting what u was on and u double.
cheeky twattssss

Top Bottom