ad feedbackDate of Birth
16 July 1958, Chicago, Illinois, USA

Birth Name
Michael Ryan Flatley

Height
5' 9" (1.75 m)

Spouse
Niamh O'Brien (14 October 2006 - present) 1 child
Beata Dziaba (6 January 1986 - 1995) (divorced)

Trivia
Was awarded the title of 1997s "Dubious Man of the Year" by Esquire Magazine (USA).

Admitted to a Brisbane, Australia hospital collapsing backstage during a show. He was released two days later after being treated for an acute respiratory infection. [11/27/1998]

Chosen by "People" magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World. [1997]

He is now retired from active dancing.

He is a chessmaster, and plays the flute at a concert level.

His legs were insured for 40 million dollars.

He has one blue eye and one green eye

He is in the Guiness Book of World Records for the fast tap of 36 taps per second.

He was born in Chicago, Illinois, but many often think he is from Ireland.

His father is from Sligo, Ireland. His mother is from Carlow, Ireland. He was raised in Chicago where his parents immigrated 4 years before his birth in 1958

Every day on tour he eats steaks for breakfast.

On every show, he saves a seat for his grandmother Hannah Ryan, who was his inspiration.

Engaged to Lisa Murphy [July 2002]

Held the Golden Gloves Championship in the feather weight division in 1977

Was the first American to win the Irish Dance World Championships at the age of 16. He began dancing at the age of 11 and was told he was too old and should not even attempt to dance competitively.

Donated his 1998 Rolls Royce to the "People in Need" charity. By the time the car was auctioned off during the 2003 phone-in bidding drive in Ireland, more than $100K had been raised. Flatley's license plate read: C 1 MRF (his initials)

He and Niamh became parents to their first child, a son, Michael St. James Flatley, on Thursday 26th April 2007.

Personal Quotes
"I don't want to dance as if I'm making an apology"

If I never do another show, I'll die a happy man.

Where Are They Now
(May 2002) Finished his new flute solo album and this Double-CD will be released at the end of the year

(November 2005) Michael has started a new tour with his new show Celtic Tiger.

You learn something new everyday, I honestly thought he was Irish!

If anyone works on new build houses it is lookin grim with an estimated 25% drop in the price!!!!!!!!!!!!

still a few sites going up around our end,there is still a national shortage but with the avarage house price dropping to £150k as predicted by all the banks and building societys the knock on effect is that new builds will have the same 25% drop meaning 25% on construction which will be passed on to all that builds.
FCUK it,stop building

the site im on right now has just sold three houses,at a cost of £430,000 each,aint no reccestion on this site.its only good for the bosses though.we dont see any of it.:D

Brandy, you make a very good point so I'm glad I asked,it's just hard when all your household outgoings are sky rocketing but wages are and have been stuck for years now.

Im A Labour Only Subbie, In Real Terms Im Taking Home The Same Money Now As I Was Ten Or Fifteen Years Ago But My Insurance,Diesel,Etc Havent Gone Down,There Are Companies Doing The Job (Supplying,Gear And Labour ) Cheaper Than I Can Supply The Labour. How The Hell Can I Compete?

Hi Mate i am a Company Boss, and i pay my lads average £112 - £115 per day self employed, but it is a struggle paying them on a weekly basis when the companies we carry out contracts for dont pay us on time, then we go overdrawn and the banks wont support a larger overdraft ! then the contracts we tender are down from £18 plm to £15 plm, as the surveyors always come back and state " there is someone cheaper " No loyalty anymore, Thinking about paying our lads when we get paid ! is anyone else doing that ??????

The problem is QS at the clients end are cutting the price so much but getting quotes of sub standard companies even when they know they could not carry out the job, then there coming back to us with beat that and the job is yours.
I know it is not legal but let's be honest most of us drink with other companies at a management level and surly we could sort out a rate that is good for all.

Top Bottom