unit beam tools

abbott86

Reaction score
Alright scaffs

New to this forum this is my first post so soz if its in wrong place

I came across a scaff who had these sockets that fitted into his spanner and ratchet so he can tighten unit beams without having to swop spanners and **** does anyone know what these are called and where to find them been searching but no luck

It's called a "Through socket" if you mean what I think you do. Britool make them.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Welcome to the Forum.

buy brand tools sheffied or leaches scaffolding supplies you want the adaptable through socket there not cheap but adjustable spanners are just as good

I use magnusson rachet spanners, got two for 20 notes at b and q. There a wicked tool, your not slipping off the bolts like normal beam spanners, yeah your carrying extra tools but its what i like. Have to admit never heard of the adaptable through sockets for your spanner, but hey if it makes life easier.

And why aint you using a 30mm box on your IW Den ?

Since i got mine i have bought 17mm and 19mm and 30mm sockets :)

MAXIMUS how much was your impact wrench and why do you use the IW are you getting on a bit old beam or does it make life easier ,lol

I bought this one

Bosch 18v GDS 18VLI Cordless Impact Wrench COOL PACK Lithium Ion + 4AH Batteries from ebay for just under £300.

the reason i bought one is after 33 years pulling on a spanner my wrist and elbows are knackered , and for striking you will not beat them mate , especially if you have been striking a big lump thats been up a while and the fittings are half seized

cannot fault ya fella if there is an easy way or an easy touch a scaff will find it then some big wig milks our ideas an makes a fortune take it easy old timer I bet your younger than me iam a proper fossil but still banging it out with the young guns and will they listen will they fek

hahahhaha i know what you mean regards the young guns , i tell them once maybe twice then i just let them struggle while i pi ss myself watching them making hard work for them selves and eventually i will explain it all again and sometimes if your really lucky its " Oh for fu ck sake " i see how that works now :laugh::laugh: but i suppose we where all the same when we where young

that's right maximus I keep telling them put your ear plugs in don't shove em through when I started in the early 80s if you got it wrong you got a barney rubble from 3 lifts straight into your crows nest and didn't get a pint at dinner what do you get now part 1s putting doubles on upside down how the fek do these training schools take someone on for the part 1 and they have never even picked up a king kong let alone stand one up cisrs bunch of kuntz

Ffs phil lol uve changed ur view lolol - i thought u bought a makita wiv the wrong
Batterys lol how come u changed ur iw....but i did tell ya once u got one ud be converted. I'm supplying them to all the guys now as it just ups productivity.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I did buy a pair from leeches many years ago but tbh it was just something else to lose so just stuck with a pair of cheep socket wrenchs that lived in the bolt bucket but now just use the makita & a flat spanner to hold em wiv

Ffs phil lol uve changed ur view lolol - i thought u bought a makita wiv the wrong
Batterys lol how come u changed ur iw....but i did tell ya once u got one ud be converted. I'm supplying them to all the guys now as it just ups productivity.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I did buy a pair from leeches many years ago but tbh it was just something else to lose so just stuck with a pair of cheep socket wrenchs that lived in the bolt bucket but now just use the makita & a flat spanner to hold em wiv

No it was always a Bosch SP , and i think iam getting into a serious relationship with it :love::love::love::love: LOL

I have striking proper sorted Den and can tear down a lump no bother and no aches and pains in the wrists

Cheers for the reply peeps but still no luck finding them cant even find em on leaches website does any1 Have Amy links to any

The trouble wiv leechs website is its not very user friendly best thing to do is request a catalogue from them as theyre in there

Top Bottom