unions

John, I Understand Where Your Coming From But If We Didnt Have The Trade Union Movement We Would Be In An Intolerable Position (Even More Than We Are Now And I Know Everybody Has There Own Experiances Of The Union Some Good Some Bad But Please Dont Denigrate It As A Movement) Because At The Core Its A Wonderful Thing, Working Men And Women Coming Together To Better Our Lot.

the strikes that came about through lyndsey made the politicians take notice that the working man can UNITE and the result was a dramatic reduction in the attempts to smash the Blue book and other local agreements affiliated to the the national one.the local labour and british travelling man(myself included) did through standing together to stop CHEAP FOREIGN LABOUR on the major construction engineering sites.
The reason there is still (although not as many)cheap foreign wortkers on building sites is the demise of the trade union members on the building side,and also the self employed.this also reduced training and the bringing on of the future of the game.:mad:

Spot on happy,thats what is needed what happend at lyndsey.

Time and time again we will talk on this topic
you must be in or you must be out of the union
If your in then you will have the opportunity to know that your family will have protection and you will have representation if required
I am a proud member of the Oilc /RMT I have also be in the unite union when working on shore
offshore this has made condition greater when i first work offshore
From 4 man cabins to Good food. tea breaks, PPE, Holiday payments, safety reps 3x2 and so on and on and on, there are still great things to achieve out there the War will never stop for the working man it take one hours pay a month to pay your dews
Now if your are a none member for what ever reason then fair play but all in all that makes you a free loader in the eyes of your fellow work mates who pay there dews month in month out and you will stand next to them and take there credit when things improve
stop the free loaders its just like any one next you not paying there tax or jumping the Que when your about to pick up your pint in the bar and that can cause a WAR ...

i can remember some of the olde school scaffs on the offshore jobs that told me they used to save there small cans off beer up and have a drink before the end of the job and the ones that used to fish off the rig used to catch the big cod on teabags from the rigs before the regs changed think the olde school would only no about this time. this ante a wind up this is what used to happen

i can remember some of the olde school scaffs on the offshore jobs that told me they used to save there small cans off beer up and have a drink before the end of the job and the ones that used to fish off the rig used to catch the big cod on teabags from the rigs before the regs changed think the olde school would only no about this time. this ante a wind up this is what used to happen

I can remember guys putting the fish they caught in the galley freezers then taking them off on the chopper.

Here here old scaff
everyone wants to go on the blue book jobs (union agreements)why for the rate of pay and conditions.they also want to go offshore because as you mentioned the leave cycle(although they soon put their hands up for extra time)the rates (agreed by the unions again)
the £12 odd i pay a month for unite has been payed back to me many times over.;)

Do not like unions and have always stayed out.

Last edited:
Sick of all those whingers, all talk and no action.......
Attached is two PDF,s of a new A3 and A4 size poster that has been designed for "freeloaders" who constantly sit in tea shacks and whine about there lot, they wont join a union and they wont put their hand in their pocket. Its time to jolt these "freeloaders" so why not download the poster and get it up in your tea-shack,rec room today.

A4 FREELOADER OILC lr

A3 FREELOADER OILC lr
Oilc.org Home page to see poster PDF

WELL SAID BROTHER GET THEM POSTERS UP
IT WONT EMBARASS THE TIGHT FREELOADERS THO
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM ALL MOAN ABOUT THE NEW OCA WAGE AGREEMENTS WHEN THEY DONT HAVE A VOICE BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD THE PITTENCE :mad:

You want that London Underground mob - Bob Crow runs it - gets them right good deals, all bank holidays off, short shifts, no working past midnight no matter how much public demand it.

Yes thats right Bob crow is part of this Union has been for the last three years and our member ship is growing thanks to the Scaffolders Forum

Top Bottom