unions

waynedamage

Reaction score
awrite lads anyone know of any half decent unions out there? heard of ucatt being mentioned but ive heard they just make a load of noise then leave you high and dry!

Im in unite and have been(in its various forms) since my scaffolding career began.i would always advocate that the representation of any union is better than none.

awrite lads anyone know of any half decent unions out there? heard of ucatt being mentioned but ive heard they just make a load of noise then leave you high and dry!
Description just about spot on.
They sold us out on the M.E.N. arena in '95.
I wouldnt touch them with a taser.
Its a pity the C.E.U. isnt still going as it did in the late 70's.

Iv Been A Member Of Ucatt Since I Started Scaffolding, Without Trade Union Recognition The Industry Would Be In An Even Worse State, Better To Be In Than Out Buddy.

Iv Been A Member Of Ucatt Since I Started Scaffolding, Without Trade Union Recognition The Industry Would Be In An Even Worse State, Better To Be In Than Out Buddy.
If it worked for you Gers then fine.
I have a long memory and I dont forgive.
Maybe not so much the union itself, as the selfish brickaying b@stards who all sooner voted to go back to work instead of losing a few hours pay to support us.
UCATT should have held out and we could have won the dispute.

The Union Is Only As Good As Its Members John, And Youll Get Backstabbing ********* Wherever You Go Mate, Please Dont Judge The Union On These *****.

Swifty, I Think Everybody Shat On The ECITB Blokes.

will give unite a bell tomorrow see what the craic is! cheers for the advice lads invaluable as always!

Description just about spot on.
They sold us out on the M.E.N. arena in '95.
I wouldnt touch them with a taser.
Its a pity the C.E.U. isnt still going as it did in the late 70's.

Your right about the C.E.U. john the best union in its day,as for Ucatt they done the same to us as they did you,the worst union i have been in.

The Union Is Only As Good As Its Members John, And Youll Get Backstabbing ********* Wherever You Go Mate, Please Dont Judge The Union On These *****.
I know where you are coming from mate, but why should I pay union fees to one that to me, didnt work?

OK that was 20 years ago and maybe water under the bridge as some are concerned, but 2 years ago when one of their reps visited my site and spread leaflets in the canteen, later that night I read their manifesto on the website and instead of looking after the interests of their british members by protecting their jobs, it read that they intend to get better deals for all migrant workers!
What the hell was all that about?

As you say dont judge the union by some of these **** members, but the top jollies give the union a **** name.

UNITE shat on the ECITB boys.

unite are yellow bellys they just run!!! any union thats joined to cisrs is trouble they only like makeing the country strike thats all there good at and takeing money

the strikes that came about through lyndsey made the politicians take notice that the working man can UNITE and the result was a dramatic reduction in the attempts to smash the Blue book and other local agreements affiliated to the the national one.the local labour and british travelling man(myself included) did through standing together to stop CHEAP FOREIGN LABOUR on the major construction engineering sites.
The reason there is still (although not as many)cheap foreign wortkers on building sites is the demise of the trade union members on the building side,and also the self employed.this also reduced training and the bringing on of the future of the game.:mad:

At Last Someone Who Agrees With Me, I Thought I Was In The Minority For A While There.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Have To Say Happy, You Can Be Self Employed And Still In The Union I Am, Mind You Im A Dundonian, And Even More Militant Than The Average.

wary of any union people , either they do it because they really want to improve things for workers or they do it for cushy job,easy money, like taxi drivers

read the ucatt magazine and at times they do good work , but not enough

after cheletenham this year , i'll be starting one , not sure of name yet , TSU maybe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom