U shape temporary scaffolding roof

doserne

Reaction score
We are going to build a temporary scaffolding roof over a U shaped building, my question is how do you guys do it in the corners of the temporary roof.

I have attached a fast drawing trying to show where I mean.

The question is how do you connect the roof part A to parts B and C

Do any of you know of some drawings who can show this?

Or can anyone explain how you did it?

(it is buildings on both right and left side of the building..)

temproof.png

Last edited:
P.M Philliosmaximus, if I had a question regarding roofs that is who I would be asking.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Then get a design.:bigsmile:

Welcome doserne have you got any photos of the building , if you have P.M them to me as you drawing is very hard to work out

Consult a design engineer before you do anything, cost a few bob but will save you thousands in the long run

Birdcage the u shape,then one big roof over all three areas,but like the lads point out,let the designer take the headwork:noworry:

can you put scaffold around all four sides,then use the you shaped internal to link into.as someone else said,a birdcage in there,and one big roof to suit.

WOW.... Thanks for all the help and answers so far ;-)

Do any one have any examples of "birdcage and one big roof" ?

It is not possible to put scaffolding around the building all the way.

I have added another picture that might show it a little better.

temproof.jpg

My main problem is how to make the corner, we have built roofs before, but they have all been straight, no turns, twist or corners of any kind.

I really appreciate the help.

get an engineer doserne, in this day and age you need to cover your arse,

there are a few on here which i am sure will help, for a small fee of course:(

i would have liked to have a go doing that without all the carry on there is these days, very interesting

Morning Guys,
Not sure if I have done the attachment correctley but here go's.

First things first.......
You need to talk to an Engineer!!
That being said treat this as 3 roofs.
Create two spine beams across the shortest spans, For this I have assumed the side wings have the small span. The spine beams run left to right across the wings giving one long run at the bottom. Cover this as one roof.
Create two smaller roofs over the remaining uncovered wings and form a sheeting seal where the meet the main roof.
Hope this helps
Alan

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 56
Go same heights on sides with spine bems were needed then overlap the middle

I agree with Alan simply pass the main (larger roof) over the two smaller ones. But as everyone else has rightly said go get an engineer, its cheap in the long run. And you probably are not insured to build it without a design. Happy roofing

Told you phil was the man to talk too.;)

glad you could read the drawing phill

Morning Guys,
Not sure if I have done the attachment correctley but here go's.

First things first.......
You need to talk to an Engineer!!
That being said treat this as 3 roofs.
Create two spine beams across the shortest spans, For this I have assumed the side wings have the small span. The spine beams run left to right across the wings giving one long run at the bottom. Cover this as one roof.
Create two smaller roofs over the remaining uncovered wings and form a sheeting seal where the meet the main roof.
Hope this helps
Alan

Not a bad sketch alan , but if you look at the west ( left ) wing , external elevation think you got your measurements wrong, it looks like you measured 4 boards wide at one end but 5 boards wide at other, its defo running out :laugh::laugh::nuts:

Top Bottom