Twin Tailed Lanyards?

OK Nik, looking forward to it, you know where I will be.

Huh, that's what brothers are for, annoy you and let you down, just do what I do and smack him round the head at regular intervals until he succumbs to your every whim.:D

Forget him and send it up to me for the real road test.

On it's way...

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

He taught me everything I Know, he is the Sh@t.

Cheers Chris

That's not on is it?your own brother not testing it!!!see you soon mr Flynn,been trying to ring you all day!!!

He will be far too busy polishing up his new prototype to send up to me.:cool:

Busy busy busy....

Kwikstage, call you later. AOM will try to make Glasgow for the 9th. If not will post the gizmo.

Nick

Horrible things - Twin Lanyards.

My opinion: If you cant do some simple beamwork and walk along a boarded lift (minus the handrails) and do so WITHOUT falling off, then your not only a danger to yourself, but to others yourt working with also and YOU SHOULD NOT BE A SCAFFOLDER.

Horrible things - Twin Lanyards.

My opinion: If you cant do some simple beamwork and walk along a boarded lift (minus the handrails) and do so WITHOUT falling off, then your not only a danger to yourself, but to others yourt working with also and YOU SHOULD NOT BE A SCAFFOLDER.

Unfortunately it is the law to wear these horrible things , be it double or single lanyard . I have to agree with Jason . In all my years scaffolding (and it`s a lot) I have never seen a harness deployed to save someone from falling . If you find yourself in the position that a harness saved you from falling then get another job preferably at kerb height .

We use double lanyards here in Vancouver, simply because the province's powers that be require 100% tie-off (advance guard-rail, scaff step not being used here). The harness I wear has a clip on each side of the chest to hang your hooks on, not really bothered me to be honest.

Late reply I know but been away,
I supply and use nothing but twins in the UAE, the reason is simple it gives FULL and UNINTERUPTED clip on safety.
There are many reasons people fall from height not just because thay cannot scaffold safley. The use of a harness is not all about the size of your c0ck guys it's about going home in the evening.

Used twin tails with capes at ratcliffe this year with the sacrifice points for the hooks. I don't mind them & can see the advantage of 100% attachment I have also heard rumblings that these things are going to be brought in as mandatory for everyone soon.

Ya mate, i think your right.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same with Tool Lanyards - making them mandatory on all sites soon also.

have used them since 2000 at pizers sandwich kent!! up to the present day like any safety device!!! only any good when your being watched lol!!!!!! but will say out of all this health and safety ******** they do save lifes!!!! thats the harness not the twin land lines!!

Late reply I know but been away,
I supply and use nothing but twins in the UAE, the reason is simple it gives FULL and UNINTERUPTED clip on safety.
There are many reasons people fall from height not just because thay cannot scaffold safley. The use of a harness is not all about the size of your c0ck guys it's about going home in the evening.

top draw alan i work on germany's largest oil refinery and all my guys use twins , at all times they are tied off to the scaffold and the other is parked on the harness , training was given to all employees , and on my last project i had a guy come off a piperack , he was pulled up within seconds and thankfully was ok , theres no doubt it saved his life

Top Bottom