Travelling Further

Mitchells Scaffolding

Reaction score
Just a quick question to all smaller company’s, are we all travelling further to keep the work coming in
I know there is work out there but we are getting regular calls to travel 50 miles and are winning the work
It seems our clients have to travel and take us with them i for one am glad they are :amazed:

We're in the same situation, it is not out of the ordinary to have a lorry with a gang of three having to travel over two hours each way to a job.
The cost of diesel and the fact that the gang isn't earning for those hours can really add up at the end of the month.

We're in the same situation, it is not out of the ordinary to have a lorry with a gang of three having to travel over two hours each way to a job.
The cost of diesel and the fact that the gang isn't earning for those hours can really add up at the end of the month.

thats true but at leat we're keeping the lads in work and this time 2 weeks ago we were wondering if we would have to put the guys on short time and thats never good

ol yes taking work on anywhere at min

we are on a 18mnth contract which can take up to 1:45hrs to get there in the morning but only 1hr to get home, lads moan about the traveling but working 6days a week - but as the fuel prices increase its making it harder to make any money,but took the job on to keep us all working - can hardly remember wot is was like to earn before the reccession

Exactly the same here,roll on the new budgets,weird how we're all travelling near two hours though:wondering:

wouldn't be such a bad idea to have a sister company 2hrs away so you could do their work on your doorstap and they do your work on their doorstep no travveling ...simples lolo

how is it that round here there traveling like u say 1 /2 ours and still able to beat local firms?? how do u lot manage to do that ?? ps scaff southernproff ya needing any hard working trainees?/

i blows my tash off ya defo should be beating frims from futher a feild when ya local defo coz like it is 3 men 2 ours that 6 man hours the job would fo bene up for a local frim with in 6 our for these solar panel jobs n fronts and back for roof's

We are always on the hoof, much like yourself's between 1 and 2 hours to get to a job, any more than that and you are in to a B&B for a couple of nights. I think our travel has more to do with our location than the recession though, we were always travelling, have steel will travel.:cool:

i blows my tash off ya defo should be beating frims from futher a feild when ya local defo coz like it is 3 men 2 ours that 6 man hours the job would fo bene up for a local frim with in 6 our for these solar panel jobs n fronts and back for roof's

If one of your better paying regular customers ventures further afield then you have to go too or risk losing them.

i i can undertsand that goign with the normall clients and all aye but 1 off jobs is it worth it?........aom have steel will travel lol i dont think its to do much with the ressesion but ur not still using a clydesdale n cart up them hills are ya lol ;)

nah, 26 ton Volvo with a 32 tonne meter remote crane, a beast.:cool:

We are always on the hoof, much like yourself's between 1 and 2 hours to get to a job, any more than that and you are in to a B&B for a couple of nights. I think our travel has more to do with our location than the recession though, we were always travelling, have steel will travel.:cool:

we got a 6 birth motorhome for those special occasions curtesy of the tax man lolo;)

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

how is it that round here there traveling like u say 1 /2 ours and still able to beat local firms?? how do u lot manage to do that ?? ps scaff southernproff ya needing any hard working trainees?/

:bigsmile: thx but just taken on a couple of newbies,:D

Don't fancy the motorhome, bunch of fekin animals working with me they would wreck the joint, then there's the cooking.:eek:

we got a 6 birth motorhome for those special occasions curtesy of the tax man lolo

:eek:WHAT,and he actually accepts this,tell me more:idea:

Don't do it BF, you will end up like the Rangers.:eek:

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

:bigsmile: thx but just taken on a couple of newbies,:D[/QUOTE]

BLOODY HELL LET US KNOW IF OUT COMES UP SICK OF THIS S1IT HOLE THAT IS CUMBRIA

Top Bottom