Travel time

Travel Time? Oh Yes I Remember That Along With Waiting Time , Wet Time And Marital Happiness, Gone A Long Time Ago (Not Strictly True About The Marital Happiness )

You Are So Correct Joe, My Missus Has A Mind Like A Steel Trap Mate, Mind You It Cant Have Been Easy Being Married To Me For Thirty Years, Almost Feel Sorry For She Who Must Be Obeyed.

I Have Never Worn The Breeks In My Marriage But It Sort Of Suits Me As Well Joe.

I have a works van I drive from home to site plus I pick other lads up

we have same set up benjo our firm paye 1 to 2 hours depending where you are if your local you get nish which is fair enough like scaffy says depens what firm your with but will say the days can be long days with the travel thats involved some days you can be doing 14 hour days swings and rounderbouts mate

I think it's time I jumped ship I think these hours are sh!t as fcuk for what they're paying

had a mate in the same boat benjo he was first up and last home as he drove he was doing miles everyday if your boss wont bung you get them to bung you a tenner each if they dont tell them to get the bus

its a bit o travel to the jo any how you allways worked for him in sheffield or has work moved there and has he allways give you the van or is he givving you the van to save your car? if you have taken a job that far away and you have allways been there just 1 of thoes things but if you worked for them locally and works moved then yu should be getting travel

No it's a big firm had the van for 12 month they just have no local work. Might have to go down London as well soon

Try qed from st helens mate. Did some time for them a few years back, they do target work but i think they've got jobs in preston. A lad on here westdixon got a start on there, dont know how he's getting on thou.

Try qed from st helens mate. Did some time for them a few years back, they do target work but i think they've got jobs in preston. A lad on here westdixon got a start on there, dont know how he's getting on thou.

his getting on ort but needing pulled outa the **** tomoz are ya marra ;):laugh::laugh:

Benjo please correct me if I am wrong

You are working for a national scaffolding company,with several area branches up and down the UK. The work in your area has dried up and you are now working on a job that was tendered for by another branch.

One reason your branch is dragging it's feet on paying travel,could be that the job you are working on is not "theirs" but is on the books of the "Sheffield branch" being local to them they would have put less into the tender for travel and expenses.

however you are entitled to payments for your travel time,You could always ring the HR department at head office and put your grievance to them.
Branch managers make all sorts of deals between themselves for a variety of reasons, one of which will be to find work for their lads when work in their area is slack.Head office will not necessary be aware of these deals.

Yes I do but the Sheffield job is from the branch I work out of - Manchester. We've asked for it but they said we weren't entitled to it however they have now offered digs. I worked for qed bout 5 years ago was a decent firm then.

Top Bottom