Training centres. Do we need them all?

hi all, this is the first time i have posted on a forum but in deseperate need of advice! I was employed by an agency then taken on after a while with the firm, was told when i was officially taken on by the company that i would be being sent for part 1 training.

Great i thought, took the bank holiday off yesterday which i was entitled to, went to work this morning and was told by a very irate boss that my commitment level to work was questionable at best, and he wasnt going to be sending me for my ticket any more! i currently work 50hrs pw every week for this firm who shall remain nameless (for now) predominantly use cuplok, have done for the last 6 years! so thinking about paying for it myself just to see the look on his face!!!!! but i have no idea where cuplok training centres are! or if any exist please help me get one up on the gaffer, his face will be a picture when i get the ticket anyway!!!!

Already has. So why do so many people want to join our sh!tty trade all of a sudden is the big question?

All the incentives are there for firms to take as many young un's as possible,push them through training,claim the grants,job done,happy training centres,happy firms,happy goverment figures............but the problems arise once these kids are "qualified",most are not capable enough to be let loose,yet think they should get capable money,thus leaving the firms with below parr men who cost full rate(not all i hasten to add)this is causing a serious imbalance in the skill levels,i feel we're going to end up with thousands of these nearly men,and where are the jobs for the mass influx of these fast tracked men?who through no fault of their own are being pushed through an industry that cannot sustain them,as the old song goes,there may be trouble ahead....................

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Last edited:
Do the training centres come under a similar performance inspection as schools?

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

who would desided which centres to re open and how many could afford to colse open close open with out any other income ?

Sometimes you have to take some pretty horrible medecine so things will get better.It would have to be like the government austerity measures. Brits had to take some nasty medecine during the war as regards cut backs etc and I am sure we could again.

Copied and pasted from http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/sca...ining-courses/19047-scaffolding-training.html

Nice one Simian.

Is there a regulating body for scaffold trainers?

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Yes, cisrs for training and caa for nvq

simian
View Public Profile
Send a private message to simian
Send email to simian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the answer is no.

Last edited:
russel we are monitored by OFSTED the same as every school in this country.

a trainning centre the other month had what they call a adult class this is where the instructor loves it cos he knows these men dont have to be taught how to scaffold as they know!!! crazy yes but this is great britain!!! anything can happen!!! when your sitting in a classroon talking about what the weathers like and what hobbies you do to waste time beats me when you finish the days chores at 2pm and then have to stay untill 430 coz your not allowed to leave beats me and then a scaffold job is thrown in thats nothing to do with the course cause lads are board and theres time to waste. theres only so many fags that everybody can smoke so it beats me these instructors have there hands tied coz they need paying each week and dont wana upset the apple cart but yes perhaps we only need a certain amount of trainning for the adult classes c the bubbles gana burst soon it cant keep going how many scaffolders does great britain need!!!!

I hope your not back smoking 😝

Do CISRS no charge £1500 an inspection?

So would anyone book one?

A £1500 inspection,:eek: would they throw in the Merc?:cool:

I think they let you go out in it if you are buying dinner!!

Ram it, I will inspect them myself then.:cool:

Top Bottom