Trading at a loss

Been speaking to others companies about our meeting the other day and they have said that most of the jobs that they have priced the company i work for have priced at almost half .
Just makes me a bit nervous of the future .

I dont think the company is top heavy as there is a manager and a supervisor and then two gangs of three and two gangs of two with three trucks in the branch .

Not being a company owner but i would of thought that a national company would not let a branch continue to trading at a loss for too long

Even half the workforce on the the branch are on a temporay contracts which means they get there holiday pay payed on a weekly basis which i would guess save the company alot of money.

Hi Paul, sorry to digress but the old mother in law was trying to fly into Wellington yesterday from Dubai but was diverted to Singapore we think because of the earthquake's. What's the situation over there?

Hi aom the situation in Christchurch is like a war zone , 72 confirmed dead and 120 missing that maybe dead ,dont know if anyone has exprienced a earthquake but is truly horrfic , this is the third quake my family and i have been through and we are seriously thinking of coming home to the UK.

There is a no fly zone over Christchurch and yesterday wellington was on high alert as the goverment was predicting a earthquake there ,

All international flights have been diverted away from New Zealand for now .

Although the newer buildings are built to with stand a medium quake this earthquake was only 5 kms from the surface which produced more violent shake and damaged most of the central buisness district.

There is alot of ' liquidfaction ' that has come up from the ground and contaminated the water supply which means all water needs to be boiled and the sewage system is just a mess which means no toilet can be flushed so the goverment is telling people to dig a hole in the back yard and dispose of human waste that way .

Although the main earthquake of 6.1 was on tuesday at 1:04pm we are still having after shocks and will do for the next couple of weeks .

Hi aom the situation in Christchurch is like a war zone , 72 confirmed dead and 120 missing that maybe dead ,dont know if anyone has exprienced a earthquake but is truly horrfic , this is the third quake my family and i have been through and we are seriously thinking of coming home to the UK.

There is a no fly zone over Christchurch and yesterday wellington was on high alert as the goverment was predicting a earthquake there ,

All international flights have been diverted away from New Zealand for now .

Although the newer buildings are built to with stand a medium quake this earthquake was only 5 kms from the surface which produced more violent shake and damaged most of the central buisness district.

There is alot of ' liquidfaction ' that has come up from the ground and contaminated the water supply which means all water needs to be boiled and the sewage system is just a mess which means no toilet can be flushed so the goverment is telling people to dig a hole in the back yard and dispose of human waste that way .

Although the main earthquake of 6.1 was on tuesday at 1:04pm we are still having after shocks and will do for the next couple of weeks .

hi mate hope you and the family are ok and safe after the earthquake. had a few lads ringing me and asking to see if you were ok . must be a nightmare let us know paul...cheers

Thanks for that Paul, I hope all is as well as could be expected with you and yours. Looks like the mother in law will be home sooner than expected.

Scaff works with me is from Christchurch, he rang his folks thankfully they ok. Christchurch was rebuilding from the quake last year and the buildings and scaffolding all came down. A spire with people inside came down killing all.

hi mate hope you and the family are ok and safe after the earthquake. had a few lads ringing me and asking to see if you were ok . must be a nightmare let us know paul...cheers

Hey Rob yes we are all fine , just feel so sorry for all the familys that have lost someone . Cheers

Top Bottom