Trad Deck Banned ?

Personaly ive never come accross it but it sounds very similar in type & practice to a system that many of our developers have been using for many years called saftey deck - which has allways been intended as a crash deck for fall protection & is not certified for any loading. With a max height of just 2m & most of our internal wall works being xcess off 3.5 high it doesnt get used as often now especially as there whre a couple of accidents where chippies & brickies have fallen through the stuff. Its not meant for loading as weight cant be evenly distributed all the time the legs - which look like overgrown drain pipes are never in plumb & always floating.
Its gotta be down to money - i dont know how much you guys charge for birdcage/ internal dscaffs but its gotta be more than the £3.50 sqm of this decking product

We have a quantity of this called swaledeck in principle it's the same thing , we erect it once internal walls are up to joist height , it's certainly not to be loaded out on , it's for walking on only an fall protection , use it a lot for Bellway homes , but your right it's all down to price , cheaper than birdcaging

Sorry if this irritates you Joe, but I couldn't help but smile when I met a truck loaded to the backside with this stuff the other day on the Erskine bridge. I just hoped it wasn't heading your way. :amuse:

Top Bottom