tower blocks

as superscaff says wonkers didnt last you grafted all day probably why the olde school scaffolders body is fooked arms wrists knee caps we all no the stress the body takes as you get older bloody hell i drop a bar of soap in the shower i cant get up again lol!!! when you think about it what a shi!!!! trade lmfao!!!

And that would be why the younger generation of scaffolders all seem to be pussys VLLB as they have never had to rope gear up 100 plus feet , one of mine was winging about a 16 foot ladder beam yesterday , so muggings here had to pull it up and fix it , because it was to heavy for him :(

I remember been on the rope about 10 years ago in Halifax on an old mill, truss out of the top 2 floors about 80ft up. Turned up one morning to be asked to pull these 5m ladder beams up then about a dozen 8m Haki's, fuc.k me did i moan, took me an absolute age to get the ladder beams up. After the first one i refused unless i had help from the top....funny how fast a double comes down from 80ft high ain't it :laugh:

It does take it's toll on ya body it's a young mans
Game that's for sure
But still think the youngsters could do with an old school
Apprenticeship ie beasted for a couple of years

only been in the game about 8 years but even i had some of that, working in edinburgh, first day was told to stand on a lift and punt, i kept that spot for 3months and at times i nearly walked.
i never got a belt/spanner for nearly 2 years, now u see them coming out after 2 weeks with the full kit thinking there scaffs cos they've been to glasgow for there training.
These 'boys' now have no idea, some of the young ones we have have never even had to punt with a lift inbetween them ffs, but cos they got there tickets paid and i have never got mine, they get same cash......
can't wait to see some of them go to bigger companies with job higher then 3 lifts and see how they get on.

Put them on a corner emp 200 ft plus see if they got
The minerals then

only been in the game about 8 years but even i had some of that, working in edinburgh, first day was told to stand on a lift and punt, i kept that spot for 3months and at times i nearly walked.
i never got a belt/spanner for nearly 2 years, now u see them coming out after 2 weeks with the full kit thinking there scaffs cos they've been to glasgow for there training.
These 'boys' now have no idea, some of the young ones we have have never even had to punt with a lift inbetween them ffs, but cos they got there tickets paid and i have never got mine, they get same cash......
can't wait to see some of them go to bigger companies with job higher then 3 lifts and see how they get on.

wernt going to say anything but as you said westie to much larging it on the industry swagger jagger iam up for any one getting a free hand out from this fooked up country but learn the game first you ante a scaffolder unless you have at least 5 to 10 years under your belt not a shinney new belt and spanners they ante no good to you unless youve been taught properly :mad:

Harden them up first , take the boy and make a man out of him , chaining up gear , rope and wheel, humping gear . Then when he is ready get the little fu cker a set of OLD tools and teach him how to do the job properly. Any doughnut can tighten a nut with a £120 leachs spanner , but knowing where they go and why is a whole different story :cool:

Tower blocks are a slog all the way.

Erected a few, and struck a few in Acton Town, back in 2004 for Durston Scaffolding.
Poxxy 10ft lifts and it was a stretch to get the lorry within 100ft from the job, lol.

Fukk doing anymore nowadays, ill let someone else have a crack, while i do nice easier jobs, lol.

Top Bottom