Too cold

nothing tough about working in -34, thats just stupid if you ask me

Who said owt about it being tough ?? If you wear correct gear and don't be a tight ******* its ok.. by the way.. I wasnt fukin asking you ...lmfao..

Come on,stop pretending,they are alcholics,we used to cold off,hot off,wind off,fish tank cracked,can't get in today,RAC on it's way car won't start,hate to state the obvious,but you ever tried sticking your nose in the early house?.

It will probably differ from centre to centre but they are not even allowed to use a 21 on a part 1 let alone rope 100 of them up.

Is that a special rule for the Trad lads?
If they can't handle one of the most commonly used pieces of material in the game on the course in a sterile ultra safe enviroment how can they be competent to handle them outside in the real world?
The training centres should have a good look at themselves.

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

It was a warehouse I heard, get quite cold some of them.

Especially those ones at Iceland.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

We worked in -34 other month.. sack them, they probably wanted to go home so they could bum each other.. useless *****..

Everyone knows that even though the temperature will be colder in Canada or Russia etc it actually feels colder in the UK because its a wet cold in the UK as opposed to a dry cold. It really gets in your bones my old gran used to say.

Well they have put the effort in over the last couple of days , it's amazing what the threat of being laid off can do , lol
Still that's gonna be a story that's gonna sit on there backs for years to come

If they can't handle one of the most commonly used pieces of material in the game on the course in a sterile ultra safe enviroment how can they be competent to handle them outside in the real world?

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Especially those ones at Iceland.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Everyone knows that even though the temperature will be colder in Canada or Russia etc it actually feels colder in the UK because its a wet cold in the UK as opposed to a dry cold. It really gets in your bones my old gran used to say.

-34... is -34 whever you are mate..lol.. I wear speedos in -6...lol... it is dryer here tho.. I know what your saying...

This is where I started to change my mind about the training. Why should the training centres take a long look at themselves? Bearing in mind, all I have are opinions, I'm not a spokesperson for anything, but here is my take on it. Part 1, is the first time some of these boys have even seen a tube let alone lift one. I know you are meant to have 6 months experience but most of them haven't even got jobs and their parents or job club have paid for this to try and improve their employment chances, can't blame anyone for that or for lying about their experience to get on the course. All they really have to build is a 1 lift tower in doors with 3 mates, and some of them struggle to do that, yet employers, namely agencies who point blank refuse to train anyone get them jobs doing God knows what. I agree, a shake up is required but it will include a lot more than centres as for me a lot of attitudes need changing throughout our industry.

I did catch a bit on the radio today about employers designing their own apprenticeship scheme. I never caught the details and was home too late to catch the news but hopefully the scaffs will be included in that.

The ultra safe training centre is the ideal place to get them used to handling the materials they will use in the real world. First day should be safety induction and manual handling in my opinion.Don't want them out on a site or the street struggling with 21s that they have never seen before.
If the training centres cannot follow the basic rules laid down regarding required experience or people are telling them porkies then the powers that be should just say anyone can go on a part 1 no experience necessary.
People will always abuse the system so just cut the ******** and we need to accept that the training is just that. Training. It doesnt make people competent.

This has to be a 1st , in my 30 years of scaffolding I've never heard this before

Two young lads working for us rang up today about 11am to tell me they were going home because it was to cold......

My rely . ******* man up , Lol

like i say the trades had it what is going on

Top Bottom