Tone farringdon station

What about the scaffolder that stood up a 21 next to a live conductor? He has been PTS or LUCAS trained and knows full well that there is 11,000 volts above his head. Was he sacked?

Tom how many times do you come off an induction after just been read the site rules and you see some fella's walking off into exclusion zones,others are sparking fags up in no smoking zones and thats while your there with them,i dread to think what some of them are doing when your not there,some people dont listen to one word when they go on these courses and some others just dont give a feck,unfortunately the good lads that do listen are always the ones to suffer because of the few:(

As far as I know it wasnt few feet away its nonsense. in fact it was approx 3 meters away. i am sure you have heard about 9 ft rule.
rumours are dangerous.
in fact there were people from network rail penalised for it too.
a lot of ******* turns up on them big possessions who dont give a toss.some of them dont know how to account for components in alloy tower.
there has been a near miss and one tower was erected over 2.5 m tall -something that was not clearly explained in ms and hence it would have to collapse at its full stretch to come with any contact or enable arching. the whole trouble happened when somebody from nwr ordered to take it down in very unprofessional manner and site supervisor followed suit.
most of the guys are not aware of procedures and unfortunately pts becomes a shambles to. i hold my third one and this one was really easy to get.
i can see from the posts above where people try to speak about ac voltages with great confidence and there is a lot of errors in their expressed opinions.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

and es flick through that method statement before you sign it. you may find out thing or two. cant understand people who are embarrassed about it.

Nick

Could we please circumlocute the use of words such as 'incredulous' on the forum?

Some of our less 'adept members' may become stymied and addled at the use of such posh language on a scaffolders forum...

Well I am incredulous fcuk em!
What's more I see your side kick Roger Nutkins agreeing with you ,the Bangkok crew sticking together eh!(lol)

Last edited:
Cant be too much grief there... they are still looking for men on the weekend possessions at Farringdon.
If it had been that bad there, TONES would be gone and another Firm would have replaced them. Regardless of how Scaffold much was on the job.

Bang on BIg Fish. Some listen and learn and some don't. I suppose we are all complacent to a point, same old induction, heard it a million times so you switch off.
It seems like a lot of Chinese whispers regarding what happened and after reading Slav's side of the story it doesn't seem like the major incident than was first mentioned. If that is the case why had the Operations Director been sacked.

If it like most sites you have your briefing in the canteen and sign it quickly without reading because it interupts your tea and you might see the supervisor when he fancy's stretching his legs. I bet now they will be patroling the platforms when they have men out working on them where they should - stopping things like this before they happen

Tubeman63 spoken like a true scaff. Ask to read and sign something in your own time and its done with out reading it or caring whats it about. Asked to do it in the firms time and your take hours reading every single word printed and asking questions on very thing even quiering the date.ANYTHING TO WASTE TIME SO YOU AINT TURNING THE SPANNER KEEPING YOU IN THE CANTEEN. Obvously your not a price man

Top Bottom