Tone farringdon station

rc22

Reaction score
Anybody heard about Tone erecting towers in wrong place at Farringdon station or the standards being to near the overhead lines, apparently the manager Gary Peacock has been sacked over this and Jonathan Arris is next on the hit list. Scaffs been told if they don't work before possession, then to look for another job. Nearly got a hefty fine to apparently, anyone else know anymore!

When are firms going to learn health and safety comes first the job comes second to many idiots in management roles that have not got a clue.

Yes mate it's true,
they stood up a 21 and walked along the platforms, it was within a couple of feet of the OLE,
I'm working with a costain supervisor on london bridge,
who was doing a weekend shift at farringdon, as costain are still snagging the station that they built.
Tone are doing the roof in the LU station, and are working directly under LU, so
Nothing to do with costain.
The OLE has 22,000v running through it, that would have been very messy.
And yes some of the towers have been erected in the wrong place along the platforms.

Geordie thats a blast from the past, is he still doing the envirowrap? Makes you laugh that Gary apparently came in and started changing the firm (for worse) and Jonathan is a tw*t (offers you a start and then phone him again and replies you've got the wrong number, don't know what your talking about). What goes around comes around lol!!

Yeh a couple of my mates went on there when they shut kier scaffolding down. They have a lot of problems there as one of my mates phoned me the other week to go down and help them, they are supposed to be out in march but not looking likely been a **** up from the start

Geordie is doing great was talking to him last week, best thing he ever did according to him. very good friend of mine and looked after me big time at both Tone and Ramport.

always the same blame him or him but the blame should start and stop with the supervisor and foreman scaffolder not supervising the work force properly

What about the scaffolder that stood up a 21 next to a live conductor? He has been PTS or LUCAS trained and knows full well that there is 11,000 volts above his head. Was he sacked?

We don't use horses and we can't have a drink. The supervision needs to be more hands on and not just pointing down a platform and being told to get on with it, while they stand up on the concourse in big coats drinking tea.

we don't use horses and we can't have a drink. The supervision needs to be more hands on and not just pointing down a platform and being told to get on with it, while they stand up on the concourse in big coats drinking tea.

maby so but he crt physically stop every 1 doig the thigs they have done its also up to the perso in question with stading a long up ext to the power line the forema supervisor ca not be held 100% acoutable of things like this

We don't use horses and we can't have a drink. The supervision needs to be more hands on and not just pointing down a platform and being told to get on with it, while they stand up on the concourse in big coats drinking tea.

Supervision wouldn't stand a 21 up near an overhead power line. They need two hands to hold those big tea cups!!
Everyone working there should have done the courses and inductions not like the old days when you could just turn up on the railway and bang a scaffold up.

My mate hit a power line with a 21 ,it blew 2 holes in it and showered him in sparks ,he wasnt hurt ,just incredulous he survived.
He is now a safety trainer in Thailand (honest the lies stop here ) ,HSWT might bump into him

Last edited:
I hit some overhead cables walking a 21 on a street job years ago. I couldn't drop the tube as the moment it happened a woman came out of one of the houses with her kids.
It cut 2 slots halfway through the tube and I didn't feel anything other than red hot molten metal falling down the back of my neck and melting my shirt no electric shock at all.

I wouldn't do it again.

If it like most sites you have your briefing in the canteen and sign it quickly without reading because it interupts your tea and you might see the supervisor when he fancy's stretching his legs. I bet now they will be patroling the platforms when they have men out working on them where they should - stopping things like this before they happen

My mate hit a power line with a 21 ,it blew 2 holes in it and showered him in sparks ,he wasnt hurt ,just incredulous he survived.
He is now a safety trainer in Thailand (honest the lies stop here ) ,HSWT might bump into him

Nick

Could we please circumlocute the use of words such as 'incredulous' on the forum?

Some of our less 'adept members' may become stymied and addled at the use of such posh language on a scaffolders forum...

Top Bottom