to charge or not to charge

toppingout

Reaction score
just done the scaffolding on my daughters new extension 10mtr x2lifts gable with a 4mtr table lift front 4mtr x 2 lifts back 4mtr x 2 lifts also scaffold to front of the house to enable new roof tiles 8mtr x 2 lifts around about 900 quids worth there is no way would i charge her the full price but my wife thinks i should do it for free would like some views from others what they would do

just done the scaffolding on my daughters new extension 10mtr x2lifts gable with a 4mtr table lift front 4mtr x 2 lifts back 4mtr x 2 lifts also scaffold to front of the house to enable new roof tiles 8mtr x 2 lifts around about 900 quids worth there is no way would i charge her the full price but my wife thinks i should do it for free would like some views from others what they would do

I wouldn't charge my daughter a penny for anything. But each to their own, I suppose...

Can't charge your own daughter, isn't it an unwritten scaffolding law?

Did you "hide" the price of the digs in the rest of the quote or did she put you up ?

Add £90 to the next 10 jobs.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

You must be a tax exile the amount of time you spend abroad.

This must be a guvvy then... If you charge her the tax man will get you... :p

you cant charge her, its verging on imoral lolo
we always work to this
family- free
friends -@ mates rates
work colleagues - @ mates rates if on their own house or if they are chargin someone
esle for the service then full contract price

you dont charge family. But would she charge you .Or has her partner charged you for some thing he has done for you in the past .If this is the case then charge her what she charged you

Last edited:
You cant charge you Daughter
for a job aint she got enough to pay for with all the work she is having done
Surely cups of tea should be more then enough ?

i know its not scaffolding but!!! when go to my sisters pub i dont exspect to paye for my drinks or food cheeky yes but its family!! same as your daughters house if the boyfriend or husbands ok get him to take you out for a few pints atleast 8 ha ha!!!

Personally I wouldn't even think of charging immediate family.

I think it's the 4th scaffolding commandment

charge her for it,what are you ,a charity or business,no friends in business.what would happen if someone,or something fell off onto her ,husband,kids.would your liability cover them.or one of your lads working to erect has a serious accident.got to look into everything nowadays.

I Have A Saying,I Never Make Money From Family Or Friends, Cause Theres Plenty Other Customers Out There To Make Money From.

I must have put up easily over £1,000 worth of scaffolding for my family over past couple of years.... but they are good and help me out no end so I don't mind :) I'd do it for free, but remind her if she gets stroppy she owes you!

Top Bottom