tin sheets

g-scaff

Reaction score
how do you get them up on a wheel with all this h & s everywhere. are we still allowed to use the same knot we use on scaffold boards [ timber hitch?? ]
to be honest did not seem that safe back in the day. is there some kind of clamp that can be used ??

try the band from a band and plate with a bit of rope from that roundthe sheets and then tie your rope to that. Just stand the sheets in the band and away you go.

g-scaff i have a jig i made myself that works perfect , i will dig it out Monday and post a photo

Band sounds good -prefab jig-2
We used Hook shaped & eyelet rebar support with alf hitch at 2/3rd section Panel,always worked but now elf & safety doubt it allowable.

Stella i will try and explain the jig , its 2 lengths of inch thick tube about 9 inchs long , with half of n old sheeting clip welded on ( the old scissor type clip). you then thread your rope through the pipe and knot it , and the sheet sits on the bottom sheeting clip , and the top one slides down onto the top of the tin , so your tin is caught top and bottom.

Its hard to describe so i will post photo here

how do you get them up on a wheel with all this h & s everywhere. are we still allowed to use the same knot we use on scaffold boards [ timber hitch?? ]
to be honest did not seem that safe back in the day. is there some kind of clamp that can be used ??

A timber hitch is exactly that for timber.
for tin sheets as well as plywood consider drilling a hole and lifting using aan approved hook. Insulators have then for lifting sheet metal.

lol howed your welders lift equipt onto the one board platform at yours hswt.:D

We used to have a bit of metal made in to a hook, stack the sheets in then loop the rope around 3/4 way up doubt if its legal now but we did plenty of roof's with the old faithful.Now its more like ajob for a crane.

Aye,the band of a band n plate with a twelve foot length of light line tied to it then the other end tied to the proper rope,simply stand your sheets in the band and put a half hitch 3/4 up the sheet,great fun on a windy day;)

I asked on site and i think i may have the solution. im reliably informed that an "SK" is safe and quick. apparently the rope goes through where the tube would sit and the bolt clamps the sheets. thanks for all the other ideas

I asked on site and i think i may have the solution. im reliably informed that an "SK" is safe and quick. apparently the rope goes through where the tube would sit and the bolt clamps the sheets. thanks for all the other ideas

I could be well wrong,but i think the band is quicker.

Top Bottom