timber framed

well yeah use to smash them but now not looking that way.
what i was meaning is you built it and say you fist lift was in a 2meters and the top of the wall sits at 3 meters and you were to drop the inside hop ups by 500 you wouldnt need a to board and hand rails as its down to the hop up brackets and the walls of the timber framed would be your fall prevention does this make sence

I think it would work a treat, but it all depends on who is paying the cash and how they want it done.

When using system, we would put a lift in at 1m with an inside rail but no double hop up. We would fit them later once the block work was up to windowsill height. The 3m lift height was then at the floor cassette height which the joiners did from below so by the time they went up the scaffolding there was very little gap. The roof level was then 500mm on average below the eaves. It started getting quite complicated with different managers wanting different things, like joiners wearing harnesses and others wanting that plastic birdcage nonsense. They were never very keen to split the hopper as it broke the working platform then you have to rethink the whole lot for 3 and 4 story's.

I've just read that lot back to myself and it was no help whatsoever. :laugh:

Yeah, the walls started closing in here as well.

Its getting to a point now that every job we do is having at least a single handrail on. Were on a job in worcester for willmott dixon, and we erected a base lift but we have to handrail the inside whilst we build the birdcages on the inside so the dumb ass brickies can load out without falling in.
Im struggling to upload photos from my phone as i would post a pic

Don't worry den, I get the picture. Just the way the job is and to be honest I wouldn't worry too much about it if they were all willing to pay for it but a fair few want it for nothing.

I think it would work a treat, but it all depends on who is paying the cash and how they want it done.

When using system, we would put a lift in at 1m with an inside rail but no double hop up. We would fit them later once the block work was up to windowsill height. The 3m lift height was then at the floor cassette height which the joiners did from below so by the time they went up the scaffolding there was very little gap. The roof level was then 500mm on average below the eaves. It started getting quite complicated with different managers wanting different things, like joiners wearing harnesses and others wanting that plastic birdcage nonsense. They were never very keen to split the hopper as it broke the working platform then you have to rethink the whole lot for 3 and 4 story's.

I've just read that lot back to myself and it was no help whatsoever. :laugh:

am under the impresison they use the scaffold to erect the timber frame. how do they do this when it had an inside hand rail with 2 and 1.4 board hop ups lol there goign to have to climb over the hand rail toaccsess the frame

am under the impresison they use the scaffold to erect the timber frame. how do they do this when it had an inside hand rail with 2 and 1.4 board hop ups lol there goign to have to climb over the hand rail toaccsess the frame

I knew I didn't explain myself very well, the only inside rail we had was on the 1m lift as we didn't fit hop ups to this lift to let the brickie bring up the block work.

I knew I didn't explain myself very well, the only inside rail we had was on the 1m lift as we didn't fit hop ups to this lift to let the brickie bring up the block work.

yeah but the predicament were in is that even b4 the timber frame goes in they are wanting edge protection form falling in on to the slab. hence me saysin about not giving them an accsess to top lift and kicker lift boarded and hanr railed like you say and the second lift with dropped hop up with accses granted once the first level walls have gone up if that makes sence built it in a 1er and relesae it bits at a time because surly signing a tag for the scaffold anf making an accsess for them is quicker than it going up in a progression and or/ not having t up inside hand rails etc on the job to take back out after a day because more thna likly they build the **** b4 ya got the hand rials out lol

All perfectly sensible but it would require managing and management taking responsibility for an ssow and all the rams for his own men. I don't think it will catch on. ;)

It boils down to he who pays the piper calls the tune and all that.

How can you sign a tag off to say its safe when you've got a lift above incomplete. Unless you tag each lift?

How can you sign a tag off to say its safe when you've got a lift above incomplete. Unless you tag each lift?

A big sign no access beyond this point followed up with tool box talks and maybe a permit system.

And how many of the usless feckers listen al, gaurenteed you've rocked up on a job and see someone on a lift that they shouldnt be on even thou its got signs on it.

And how many of the usless feckers listen al, gaurenteed you've rocked up on a job and see someone on a lift that they shouldnt be on even thou its got signs on it.

My point entirely to Marras question. It's possible but unlikely you could convince your client to accept the responsibility.

give them no accsess what so ever to the top lift not sure yet as to weather is going to be a stair case ot ladder erect the tower leave top flighht of stairs off. erecht the top lift dont put a hatch in it and a sign on or what ever

All perfectly sensible but it would require managing and management taking responsibility for an ssow and all the rams for his own men. I don't think it will catch on. ;)

It boils down to he who pays the piper calls the tune and all that.

there going to be a supervisor on the job all the time its going to be his site and another supervisor running the rest of the jobs i say running the rest lol. weel this supervsor is going to be on site just to make sure everythign runs smoothly maby be altering the hop ups etc but thats about it

Top Bottom