The worst injury from scaffolding apart from death

Add me to the list of splinter casualties ... went in at the base of my thumb and came out 1/2 inch from the tip :sick: i never thought it would be possible for a thumb to swell up so much , still got the splinter in a matchbox somewhere .

The splinter hurt like fook , but , not as painfull as when i broke 6 ribs when dragging debris netting over the top of a pedestrian walkway we had built , i was of course not using any boards ( like any self-respecting scaff ) and running across the tube when the netting got snagged and i fell forward on to a transom using my chest to break my fall :laugh: .... absolute feckin agony for 8 weeks !.

i was once puting two unit beams together and one of them was twisted so i had to push them back in i just got them lined up and then the labourer trying to help gave the other end an all mighty kick they slid together quite easily sadly it also got a big wedge of skin in it as well i screamed like a 2 year old at least the trainee and labourer pulled them apart to let me out ive still got a 2inch half moon scar just near my left elbow saying that leeds boy it wasnt as big as the gash she has :)

Twisted my ankle stepping off a crate was swallen for about a mOnth. If wasn't wearing ankle support boots like riggers or trainers it would have broke I reckon. Don't laught.:eek:

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Already have on here once and the feckers hung me out to dry over it. 60ft Ginny abseil lol

Vllb this is shakira singing she wolf on the Jonathan Ross show. The reason I know is I'd never forget that voice lol

years ago a worked with a scaff called Murch, he started to climb down a wooded ladder just before he got to the bottom he decide to slide the last bit someone had put 6" nail through the ladders, went straight through his hand came out the other side. screaming on tip toe we had to saw top & bottom round his hand and went to hospital with about 3ft of ladder with him!!

Vllb this is shakira singing she wolf on the Jonathan Ross show. The reason I know is I'd never forget that voice lol[/QUOTE]

Not been pedantic but it says jay Leno on the bottom of the clip...
Anyway iv found the video on YouTube and below is the link.

Fast scroll to 2mins 45sec if you don't wana listen to the singing....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruZWKbdDvEA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]SHAKIRA She Wolf - YouTube[/ame]

i sat down on a pack of brds once to eat my lunch and my bum check got pinched in the gap - then 2 other guys came over & sat down &i was screaming my fucccckin head off lololol had a blood blister about 6in long x 2in wide for weeks - still bring a tear to my eyes remembering the pain lolol

i sat down on a pack of brds once to eat my lunch and my bum check got pinched in the gap - then 2 other guys came over & sat down &i was screaming my fucccckin head off lololol had a blood blister about 6in long x 2in wide for weeks - still bring a tear to my eyes remembering the pain lolol

Nearly the same , there was a yard cabbage working at 3D :sick:in Manchester and he decided to stack 8' boards in a column of 10 high as opposed to rows 5 going across , he got 2 stacks high and each wa leaning out, was told of a driver this was wrong and they forced them together at which point the cabbage trapped his bell end in between the boards ,cue rolling on the floor and a blood blister at the end of his odd trick !!!

:laugh:southernPOOFTER U SURE IT WAS BOARDS AND Y SURE IT WAS A BLISTER 6INCH LONG AND 2 INCH WIDE ME THINS YOU NOT TELLING THE REAL STORY...6 INCH LONG AND 2 INCH WIDE AHAHAHHAH

used to work with a bloke who had top of finger cut off, was trying to wedge unit beams together and for some unknown reason decided to put finger in bolt hole while the other scaff was smashing them together.scaff who went with him to hospital said the doctor had to put a needle in the end of his fucked finger to see how much could be saved.

:laugh:southernPOOFTER U SURE IT WAS BOARDS AND Y SURE IT WAS A BLISTER 6INCH LONG AND 2 INCH WIDE ME THINS YOU NOT TELLING THE REAL STORY...6 INCH LONG AND 2 INCH WIDE AHAHAHHAH

:D lolol as my name states i can take the pain if u can take the shiiit :D lolo

The worst injury from scaffolding apart from death: Working with the superstar Micky Dickvall...

Ooooo hes soooo manly... :notrust:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I CRNT TAKE PAIN LOL N I CRNT TAKE **** LOL NOW I UNDERSTAND THE REASON YA MADE THE STORY UP LOL BLOCKING OUT ANY MENTAL IMAGES TO DO WITH PAIN N SHUIT UNLESS OUR LASS IS CONCERNED LOL :laugh:

Toss up between losing a front tooth from being a spanner mong or dislocating my shoulder carrying 9 wet boards and trying to bounce them off my shoulder onto the wagon :)

Top Bottom