The Thin Red Line

Honestly, What A Waste Of Time And My £500 For What I Learned I Would Have Been As Well Chucking My Money In A Bin And Setting Fire To It. Mind You Its Got Me A Few Jobs This Past Three Years So Iv Made My Money Back. But Why The Hell Should You Need It In The First Place Im Already A Basic Scaffolder.

Maybe I am a bit behind with system but whilst I was annoyed about having to do it our instructor was brand new and could teach us plenty. Everyone learned something from the ***** who shouldn't even been on it as they didn't have their part 1 yet through to yours truly. I think what I took away from it was you could use the guidelines to build more without design input by using buttresses, also how easy it was to get a heavy duty 3KN load with only reducing the tranny spacing. I was at the time trying to buy drawings for buttressed system jobs as the hse called all to a meeting and told us that is what he expects to see and as for the 3KN, I always just assumed you would at least need to reduce the standard bay's to 1.8. The guy made us graft as well, something I don't like doing when no invoice is to be produced.:(

i was there in 1990 it was when you stepped outside the classrooms at the very back.if my memory serves me right it was scraped into a scaffold board that was the backing for the work benches the plant fitters used to train.
maybe if you payed more attention to your surroundings than the instructor you may have learnt something :eek:

Maybe but that instructor was selling some good sh it back then.;)

Look at all the pretty colours.:embarrest:

Top Bottom