The scaff hamper

happyhugenoet

Reaction score
HOPE THIS WORKS
the scaff hamper the ideal gift for the Scaff in your life:eek:
only kidding but this was made up as a gift for a Scaffolders wedding by another Scaffolder well more his wife but he did steal the band and plate and the butt

any interested parties contact OLD SCAFF FROM GLASGOW(there are 2 )by PM

Attachments

• IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 130
Aye, very good. Beats a watch that's for sure.

IVE just teamed up with jeanne wright and have made a hamper for the young up and coming BIG TUBES 21st or even 18th change the champers for buckie(buckfast) and feck the flowers off and fill the hamper with pills from jeannes site ;)
old scaff can russle up to any tastes PM for more info

Tell ya what when was 18 in the yard there was an old boy he done 30 yrs on the firm,he was expecting a watch, clock or a nice drink as a wind up he had got a fancy box he's opened it up it was a 1.3 ledger(cup lock firm) as a show of appreciation........ His face ha ill never forget it lol , he did get a gold clock in the end

after 25 years you should get a good sugar frostie so you can feck something instead of getting fecked for a changs:eek:

Tell ya what tho can't see how ppl can stay at 1 firm for 25 years plus I've known one that's done 50-55 yrs on a firm vic jagger at sgb I was 19 when I met him he was 66 I bumped it to him few years after I left I'd love to see how he is now he would be 75!!! Fair play to him even when I worked with him he was fitter and stronger than me fair play to him

Must be the times I've chopped and changed for years (some by choice but most not) and now settled and love working where I am but 25 years.....

HOPE THIS WORKS
the scaff hamper the ideal gift for the Scaff in your life:eek:
only kidding but this was made up as a gift for a Scaffolders wedding by another Scaffolder well more his wife but he did steal the band and plate and the butt

any interested parties contact OLD SCAFF FROM GLASGOW(there are 2 )by PM

Lol. Pretty good.
What would be included inside???

There could be;
2 cans of Tennents.
Free £5 betting slip.
Hacket Polo Shirt.
Scratch Card.
Gold Plated Mills' Double.
£15 bag of Whizz :D
Pack of 'Old Holborn' tobacco.
2 Henna (stick on) Tattoos, 1 of a Cartoonish Bulldog, 1 of a Sexy Sailor Woman.
Fake Oakley Sunglasses...

What else?? Might make one up for my Brother for Christmas! lol. :)

A few years back I worked for Abbey Scaffolding in Silvertown. The owner George Lowe (RIP) by way of a christmas treat gave to each of his staff a food hamper. In the late 90's these hampers cost over £100 each, at a time when Abbey was struggling to survive.
Ill never forget George, he was one of the last gentlemen in scaffolding I met.

Mitie Scaffolding Ltd of Stratford East London circa 1997-2006 (ended as Bow Scaffolding Ltd). Mitie Group are a big holding company with a bias toward the service sector that owned and built up Mitie scaffolding. Mike Bowkett started the company and ran it up to the time it went bust in 2006. I believe he personally lost a lot of money on the demise of Bow Scaffolding Ltd (southern). I think the Scottish part of the company is still trading.

Well I've learned something today mate I thought it was strange mitie ?!???()? But yeah know of bow

Always ask. with me at over 40 years in scaffolding in the london/south east I have a lot of trivial knowledge (and some professional) and happy to pass it on if I know it is factual.

That's very nice of ya mate a few of the older gentlemen bark at ya if u ask em today nice one

Here's one for ya then only the other day I was trying to think of the proper name for it, but here we go..... Right when I was in sgb yard kings cross 10 years ago they had a museum piece in there (well that's what I called it lol) it's a huge beam think 35ft it looks like a unit beam with a pointed end it was use back in the 60/70s for truss outs temporary roofs (again I think) what were they called??? I only remember them be cause I couldn't pick one up and there was an old boy called John McGowan that was a legend because of his strength in the 70s that COULD!!!!!

Well troops sorry for the late in put on this post made it for a good and long term Scaffolder for his wedding should have try to video his face when he relies what it was
been of the tools for a few years thats what happens when you start carrying the Pen
Been out on the lash on many occasion's and of course being A scaff talk a few jobs up in the pup.
but it must be a first that there has been tube and set at a wedding
Cheers CRW

Top Bottom