The competition

If there isn't any security there isn't usually any loyalty.

For all the scaffold bosses ! When your best scaffolder comes to you which you have looked after for years and also regard him as a good personal mate and tells you that he is leaving and going to work for a company that is our biggest rival and who he knows has been under cutting us for months ! Got to be honest did not see that coming
Don't take it personally he'll be back.scaffs are a mercenary bunch and can't ever see the bigger picture

How to get a payrise:

Scaffolder: "Can I have a bit more money please boss?"

Boss: "No f*ck off"

Scaffolder makes some calls and gets a job offer paying more

Scaffolder: "Been offered more money on company 'x', can you match it?"

Scaffolder: "Ok weeks notice"

Scaffolder leaves to new pastures with more money (but possibly much worse work, its always a gamble)

For all the scaffold bosses ! When your best scaffolder comes to you which you have looked after for years and also regard him as a good personal mate and tells you that he is leaving and going to work for a company that is our biggest rival and who he knows has been under cutting us for months ! Got to be honest did not see that coming

Maybe he wanted to do more challenging/different work? or maybe a change of scenery??
More then likely he was offered more money and a better deal.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

How to get a payrise:

Scaffolder leaves to new pastures with more money (but possibly much worse work, its always a gamble)

An add to that...

How to get a payrise:

Boss: "No f*ck off - im skint" (then drives off in brand new Bently GT Convertable)

Boss: "No f*ck off - things are too tight, im afraid" (after putting down £250,000 cash deposit on 7bedroom holiday home in Marbella...)

Scaffolder leaves to new pastures with more money...

Pretty much how ive seen things happen.

I agonised for days before tellin Me old man I wa off to pastures new after 22yrs,but He could only guarantee 3 days a week n that dunt pay bills.
Not sayin Your situation's same Paul just sayin mebbe the guy's goin reluctantly n not comin the c*nt.

Top Bottom