The competition

paul

Reaction score
For all the scaffold bosses ! When your best scaffolder comes to you which you have looked after for years and also regard him as a good personal mate and tells you that he is leaving and going to work for a company that is our biggest rival and who he knows has been under cutting us for months ! Got to be honest did not see that coming

Wish him all the best as the grass isn't always greener on the other side. No scaffolder is bigger than any company.
If that Scaff was good you don't burn bridges as you know he'll soon be back. After all its the same lads working the circuit.
If you hear he is giving you chew behind your back, smile because when they return you'll still be the boss and they'll still be the operatives.

Wish him all the best as the grass isn't always greener on the other side. No scaffolder is bigger than any company.
If that Scaff was good you don't burn bridges as you know he'll soon be back. After all its the same lads working the circuit.
If you hear he is giving you chew behind your back, smile because when they return you'll still be the boss and they'll still be the operatives.

I would take a good hard look at my company structure. Generally top people leave for better offers so look at how your rivals can pay more while they are charging less than you. Maybe you have unnecessary overheads etc. Would still wish the guy all the best and thank him for his past efforts but you have to remember it is every mans right to work for whom he wants.

That's my answer everytime,you'd be surprised how many suddenly have a change of heart,well actually you would'nt be surprised,you've probally seen it countless times,lol.

Is it all about money? Is there no loyalty any more?;)

I would have thought "the wink" might have been a pointer to my way of thinking but it must have been an A380 to some.

Hasnt it always been about the cold hard cash? I for one have quite happily accepted an overseas job and let companies book flights, visas etc only for me to let them down at the last minute when a better offer suddenly comes on the table. After all they would do it to me wouldnt they?

For all the scaffold bosses ! When your best scaffolder comes to you which you have looked after for years and also regard him as a good personal mate and tells you that he is leaving and going to work for a company that is our biggest rival and who he knows has been under cutting us for months ! Got to be honest did not see that coming

To be honest Paul, I think the other's have pretty much summed it up although I would be gutted for a day or two we would simply move on and HSWT made a valid point about looking deeper at your own structure to workout why you can't better the deal. I think it's fair to say, most here are doing just that already just to stay afloat but when it's time to go................

If my best lad was to go to a rival I'd have to say

"Son"

"No"

"But if you feel you have to, your moving to your own flat and you'll have to cook your own dinner."

And he's only nine years old :laugh::laugh:

Basically if you treat ya lads bad and pay them bad how do they have loyaltiy ? Pay them good look after them and you will get loyalties. Othow some people just feel its time for a change

Top Bottom