tethered tools

andy1988

Reaction score
whats your guys thoughts on tethering your tools ? and how far do you go with it ?

regards confused

A few years back i did my A ticket & rocked up for the course start @ bircham newton with a full set of tethered tools as per the wah regs - fully expecting it to be a pre requisite & a necessity as an advanced scaffolder concidering the structures we were to be erecting - how wrong was i , not only did the instructor smile at them amused but the other guys on the course claiming never to have heard about it or worked with them .
but after the 2nd day & 2 dropped spanners & a smashed tape murmerings had changed from "looks fvcin stupid" to "maybe not a bad idea".
Tbh several years later the only thing i teather full time is my IW & thats just common sence & would bd too expensive not to justify doing so, but each job we do has a differnt RA & MS so for instance if over water wouldnt you wanna keep ur nice shinney titanium spanner dry lol

Unless your going to tether all your fittings, then what's the point!

Lol @teeside - cheep & cheerfull method

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Unless your going to tether all your fittings, then what's the point!

Not really m8 -there are many times on a job where it wouldnt matter about dropping the fitting but to lose ur tools ...well thats just not on lol

I think the young guns who are coming through now 80ty they are tethered to their phones I know this to be fact cus the lazy good for nothing piece of jumped up slack jawed glass back skinny spotted bandi legged tw@t that worked with me this week as been tethered to his phone an his phone must be tethered to the thunder.
I don't know about you but if I go in the thunder box for a shyte I can tell you iam in out like jumping jack flash cus the stench is staggering I thing this daft c.unt takes his pack up in there some days he is in there 30 mins what the fek is he doing .this is scc going on an on an on just like alf fecken garnett

I completley sympathise with you there buddy. There's a lad i know thats on his dog and bone all day, and when i ask him what he's doing he always replies " im on the scaffolders forum "..........oh bolllox yeah thats me ...lol lol

Top Bottom