Temporary roof

thanks for all the replies we are going to use crinkles, I assume you fix to every sheet top at bottom and run a tube through the tops. we have to put a triple hand rail (specified on design) on top of the roof is this the norm

sheets are 8' by 2' with beams at 6' centes - area approx 36' by 30'

Follow this and you wont be far out, dont forget to get your first purlin stright, cut some pinch rods and your wiggleys will fall into place

we have also learnt that we cannot put boards through the beams and all the work must done overhand in the tin roof - could be interesting

Is it just an Independent at the front and rear or is there side elevations as well goulda ?

if you cant put boards through the beams cant you put put your first 4 purlins on and board out where the rope and wheel is then as you work up the roof with your purlins just follow up with boards until you get tinned out to the rope position

don't want to go above the boys who use tin on a regular basis but if your only doing a one off why not use this stuff, RoofPro | Combisafe
save on labour and buying materials and you will be surprised how economical it is, together with looking the business;)
method statement: http://www.highaccesssolutions.co.uk/documents/generation/Aluminium Roof Erection Guide.pdf

i am also sure if plenty of notice given they will give you a leading hand for a day to show you the ropes its a win win for me,

mobile http://www.highaccesssolutions.co.uk/documents/generation/Aluminium Roof Erection Guide.pdf

there's a video of the static installation somewhere which is pretty good but i cantt find it

Jakdan thats a interesting link mate is it what you lads use ?

we do a lot of roofs and anything that makes it quicker and safer iam interested in

Looks expensive though?

very expensive to buy but surprisingly cheap to hire, but don't damage anything,
i used it at the last firm i was at,
roof's, helidecks the lot, and if you can get a crane in place it flys up believe me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UjzAPrAmw8"]UBIX® Temporary Roof Animation - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I have seen it before probably on here but always imagined it to be out our price range, might ask for a quote. What seals the joints in between the sheets?

I have seen it before probably on here but always imagined it to be out our price range, might ask for a quote. What seals the joints in between the sheets?

the design mate, very clever, well worth a look, we even done a small one 12 x 12 and they still sent someone out to show the lads.

Very interesting, so there is no additional work needed to join an overlap or anything? The next question is can all designers do the calcs for it or do you have to use theirs or even better when you hire it does it come with a drawing?

george roberts, trad, generation, or you could go for the expensive haki one
i think they all do a cad drawing but we always used our own engineer, i am sure combisafe offer this service ? free i don't know but its a buyers market so its worth the ask
no overlapping or anything mate,
any engineer could do this, i think its basic stuff for them boys, obviously depending on the span.

get some good links off here UBIX® Temporary Roof | Combisafe

Nice one Jakdan, food for thought and if Philliosmaximus is thinking about it then it must be worth a look.:idea:

All we ever use nowadays,and very easy to erect,i hire ours from g.roberts liverpool and if you need it they'll send phil out who'll train your guys in how to use them,insurance companys love em,and you can make descent money on them,no more tin roofs for us:laugh::laugh:

I did a Tin Sheeted roof on Saturday... i think the way forward is definitely Haki roofs.
Easier to build and you aint gotta run about with giant 8ft 'sails' all day - in the wind.

Also... Anyone else find that the wind ALWAYS picks up just as you get hold of a sheet on a roof? Lol.
No wind - then as soon as you get a sheet in your hands... ---> WHAM! - windy as f.uck!

Top Bottom