Temp roofs

Spoke to the hse woman and I think I rubbed her up the wrong way, which didn't intentionally try.
I said that they (hse) had visited one of their temp roofs and all they pulled them on was the ladders not being a meter above the lift height & and I said that they missed all the other stuff and the job should have had a prohibition on it.

So you rang up the HSE and made out that they had already been to one of your rivals jobs? Basically told a pack of lies. How can we even believe your original post?

Over here the main contractor actually has its own scaffold police. They don't assist in progressing the project but their sole purpose is to walk round and find any small mistakes in scaffolding or in the scaffolders working practice.
Any infringement no matter how minor is reported by these people.
If myself or the other scaffold contractors see errors in each others scaffolds we tell each other not these policemen. Isn't that how its supposed to be?

As HSE inspector said on 17/05/13 after condemning my mates job "you dont need a scaffold ticket to erect scaffold". I rest my case, only interested in getting companies with a name board on so they can contact you or catching you red handed.

Why all the grassing just let the other firm know what you think or do you have to do it anominusly just tell them to there face or not at all.thats me any way.

As HSE inspector said on 17/05/13 after condemning my mates job "you dont need a scaffold ticket to erect scaffold". I rest my case, only interested in getting companies with a name board on so they can contact you or catching you red handed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure you don't have to have a card to erect a scaffold but you have to be able to prove competency. I believe that is due to change

Top Bottom