Temp roofs

Paulapex

Reaction score
Hi guts, correct me if I'm wrong but you need a design drawing to erect a temp roof ?
There is a local firm doing them without drawings and he gets the customer to sign a disclaimer, so they are responsible for the scaffolding until its dismantled.
1 st time I've heard of that, after seeing the ones he's done, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Hi guts, correct me if I'm wrong but you need a design drawing to erect a temp roof ?
There is a local firm doing them without drawings and he gets the customer to sign a disclaimer, so they are responsible for the scaffolding until its dismantled.
1 st time I've heard of that, after seeing the ones he's done, it's an accident waiting to happen.

Ring the police mate.

Sorry phil, that correct was dor the design.

CORRECT, that ones for you matey. Ha ha ha

Morning Paulapex
you are correct a drawing is required.
It is not the customers responsibility to have a drawing but it is the responsibility of the scaffold contractor to have one prior to erection.

A scaffolder may not discharge his responsibility for safety by getting a letter from his mum!!
HSE is the correct route
regards
Alan

There are plenty of scaffolders that could erect a good temporary roof without a drawing , but in this day and age you have to have a design with calculations simple as that .

Spoke to the hse woman and I think I rubbed her up the wrong way, which didn't intentionally try.
I said that they (hse) had visited one of their temp roofs and all they pulled them on was the ladders not being a meter above the lift height & and I said that they missed all the other stuff and the job should have had a prohibition on it.

Why should they get away with it when the rest of us have to do it properly. They probably undercut another firm that would have done the job how it is meant to be done.

Theres thousands not doing the job properly judging by the photos posted on this and other UK scaffold forums.
You don't have to follow best practice or TG whatever. You have the choice just like this bloke and his customers.
Sounds like a bit of jealousy to me.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Spoke to the hse woman and I think I rubbed her up the wrong way, which didn't intentionally try.
I said that they (hse) had visited one of their temp roofs and all they pulled them on was the ladders not being a meter above the lift height & and I said that they missed all the other stuff and the job should have had a prohibition on it.

Are you the scaffold police?

I think our trade endures enough grief as it is,i don't agree with grassing to the likes of the hse,an old saying springs to mind,what goes around comes around:huh:

I dont behold with grassing either but as we all know Temporary roofs need to be done right
or there is a massive risk of serious injury or worse

Top Bottom