Temp Roof (again)

ubix is good aom. pretty simple once you have used it. we hired off trad just passing the hire cost on to client. the roof stood up very well in the wind but we been called out twice over the monarflex around the lower lifts.

ubix is good aom. pretty simple once you have used it. we hired off trad just passing the hire cost on to client. the roof stood up very well in the wind but we been called out twice over the monarflex around the lower lifts.

thats it marra simple we have had the monflex issue a few times but nothing rong with the sheet only folding the fekrs on the way down in a garden 5ft long argh lol aom if you win the next might be worth investment failing that featch ya hiab down ill show ya a cabin full of it lol

Alister.i've done my fair share of roofs over the years now but always stick to tradditional tin.if u've got your own gear and dont have to hire it in ,its easy to make the money,but i just cant justify the cost of a system roof unless you're gonna do a load of them. old saying if it aint broke dont try and change it

sometimes the oldways are the best ..heres one i did earlier

Attachments

• DSCF0158.jpg
    DSCF0158.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF0157.jpg
    DSCF0157.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF0116.jpg
    DSCF0116.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
i did a haki one for GKN many years ago and although yes it was quicker, i dont think any less labour intensive as we allways seemed to be back on it doing remedials at least with tin once its up -apart from a bit of side momoflex needing to be retoggled thats it, but like i said its whatever works for you, but client costs play a big part. eventually i think tin will be replaced by plastic but only when the price of the system is such that all can afford the initial outlay for it,

Tins are durable,but the ubix/haki roofs are much less labour intensive;)

I agree Bigfish. I've put a few photos of one we've just done on the albums page . It took five men just over two days to put the roof on it,sheet it and get the monarflex around all the elevations.

I agree Bigfish. I've put a few photos of one we've just done on the albums page . It took five men just over two days to put the roof on it,sheet it and get the monarflex around all the elevations.

No more tin hats for me scaffman,a 4 hand gang can whizz them system roofs in,and they come down fast an all,it's only the k frames,runners,braces,sheets because you've probally already got the beams,oh and the ridge jointers,price around an you can get a good deal on the hire,i use george myself pal;)

Morning AOM
if you are going to invest in a system roof I would recommend the Haki 750 it’s expensive but having used it extensively they have a good product and backup second to none in the industry.
There are other products much cheaper but having purchased some of this last year and suffered catastrophic product failure you would need to be very careful about which one to buy.
You will find a couple of pictures of Haki roof my photo albums. Free standing rolling roofs from 30m up to 45m. All erected from the safety of a scaffold not one man hanging in space.
Take a look, if you want to know who to talk to I will put you in touch
regards
Alan

Morning AOM
if you are going to invest in a system roof I would recommend the Haki 750 it’s expensive but having used it extensively they have a good product and backup second to none in the industry.
There are other products much cheaper but having purchased some of this last year and suffered catastrophic product failure you would need to be very careful about which one to buy.
You will find a couple of pictures of Haki roof my photo albums. Free standing rolling roofs from 30m up to 45m. All erected from the safety of a scaffold not one man hanging in space.
regards
Alan

Name the bad product alan;)

Morning AOM
regards
Alan

Which roof system would you say Is not the best then Alan ??

Which roof system would you say Is not the best then Alan ??

there are several roofing products that I do not like one of which was manufactured by/for a company called ASP they made a 780mm deep alloy beam roof system which I could not recomend. However there may be worse products out there?

:toung:Naiing tins to boards as purlins was fast , not sure bout the up lift though l

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

What i have noticed lately is companys ( very big companys ) using the light weight monoflex type sheeting on the " Haki " system .

:toung:Naiing tins to boards as purlins was fast , not sure bout the up lift though l

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

What i have noticed lately is companys ( very big companys ) using the light weight monoflex type sheeting on the " Haki " system .

Use longer nails Phil and bend them over, it's fine for uplift :)

The original Haki 450 used to be light sheet screwed to timber battens on steel frames.

When we moved yards 2 years ago we built the roofs using tins with self tapping hex nut screws , screwed directly into the purlins , i was a bit unsure about them at the time , but after a good few very windy days since they are still the same as the day they went up . I have seen a company local to us that use long box profile sheets that they then drill into boards beside the purlins , i wouldnt be convinced that timber would hold them firm .

When we moved yards 2 years ago we built the roofs using tins with self tapping hex nut screws , screwed directly into the purlins , i was a bit unsure about them at the time , but after a good few very windy days since they are still the same as the day they went up . I have seen a company local to us that use long box profile sheets that they then drill into boards beside the purlins , i wouldnt be convinced that timber would hold them firm .

Self tappers into the tube purlins is quite an old method used many times at GB you just have to be prepared not to use the tube again as the look like pepper pots after.

The screws into timber is again as old as time and they do hold if the correct screws are used into good timber. Whilst at BOW we lost the sheeting one Christmas in the winds but upon investigation the timbers were rotten and soaked through and the incorrect screw length had been supplied by the supervisor.

Some good information on this thread now. Alan/scaffman, seen both your pictures in your album and both looked excellent. I am still looking at options but as per usual the budget will have a real effect on choice of material. Things should be a bit clearer by the end of the week, thanks again for all the info.

Top Bottom