Temp Roof (again)

aom

Reaction score
Not exactly sure how to word this but basically how do you get these new system roof's to pay?

I got one priced up and they sent men to the moon on a tighter budget but would really like to do the job as it would more than likely mean an empty yard all winter which would be a new experience.

What's the alternatives, are the tins still a viable option or would the shrink wrap be a better way to go as the wind codes for this location would be the highest in Britain which would let the roofers cut the sheeting away during any predicted storm conditions, 100mph winds are not unheard off during the gales.

I know it's a design job whatever way we go if at all but just need a few suggestions on the cost effectiveness of some old fashioned scaffolding before I even go there.

Not exactly sure how to word this but basically how do you get these new system roof's to pay?

I have tried but failed, it seems that unless its up for a long period or you have loads of roofs to do, i couldn't work out how to get a decent return, so if someones got a secret plan, do tell;)

You on about the Haki ones with the heavy tarp and ratchet straps, Al?

Tins are absolutely fine AOM and in my opinion better for winter loadings
we use them all the time and as long s your tins are good there is not really a problem

Ubix is a cracking system when you get used to it. can make it cover massive areas fairly easy to fix when done regular. Cost wise not the cheapest but we were using it on long rows of back to back houses and covering three houses a time then moving down taking a section off one end then adding it on other end. Best system for temp roof I've seen but hire cost was £500 a month when u bought the tarps at £500 a piece for 20 m x 3 m section (second hand)need a big bottle of washing up liquid to get tarps running into sliders aswell and takes a four man team to be effective

You on about the Haki ones with the heavy tarp and ratchet straps, Al?

More Ubix but same sort of thing as far as I can tell.

Tins are absolutely fine AOM and in my opinion better for winter loadings
we use them all the time and as long s your tins are good there is not really a problem

Will chat more in depth later, if your squad aren't too busy I know where you can come for a good busman's holiday.;)

More Ubix but same sort of thing as far as I can tell.

Will chat more in depth later, if your squad aren't too busy I know where you can come for a good busman's holiday.;)

Single Malt :D be rude not to Aom

Unless you are going to buy the roof with a view to using it for repeat work stick with the tins and t&f and get a return on your own assets. The system roofs are good but for some jobs are not cost effective when you factor hire and purchase of the sheets.

Cost of hiring roof and sheets is passed on to the client with interest,what's not to like;)

Was thinking of trying to do the scaffold with system, shouldn't make too much difference.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Cost of hiring roof and sheets is passed on to the client with interest,what's not to like;)

Just means I won't get it BF using they figures, looking to try and do something maybe a bit different.

In an ideal world that would be the case bf , but if your pricing against someone who owns their kit then you will always be over pricing.
We have a problem with haki staircases as we need to hire them and always end up doing them for nothing.
At least with tins you only use standard kit except for the sheeting clips and tins.

Exactly big fish, We'll do them only if we get a decent price for the job AND the hire.

Then pray the winds don't rip the bloody sheets....

just out of curiosity what exactly is the job.
you can use system to take the roofs i have done them for plettac roofs off of plus8,as well as cuplok to take haki.as you already stated it will be a drawing especially the high wind loads on the west coast.that would be my only concern but thats why the engineer rips the whole for i suppose

It's a castle and before marra jumps in no it's not my own. The wind is a concern, hence the reason I thought the shrink wrap might be a solution where it can be cut free very quickly should it be required. Might get in touch with someone I know to see what they feel about that actually.:idea:

when you shrink wrap your castle marra what are you gogin to do about the flag on top lol tinnys be next to cut a holw in it as to fly forum flag lol

haha, if we get the job I might get a forum flag made up.:laugh:

We rented a roof off gale safe in London.all the beams and steel sheets £2000 for a £30000 roof.made it up on the floor and got a crane to lift it in place.easiest money we ever made.

Mmm, sounds tempting,not sure how this one is going to pan out but I have been asked to price a second one.:eek:

Top Bottom