Tax Thieving robbing bstards

I've got to sort my income tax out for working in London last year. Someone told me I could

claim my digs and train fares along with fuel etc. I was paye tax week one etc, is this

correct ? any help gratefully received.

I've got to sort my income tax out for working in London last year. Someone told me I could

claim my digs and train fares along with fuel etc. I was paye tax week one etc, is this

Yes it's an exspense,but ask the beancounters for proper advice,i'm sure they'll apply for a tax rebate for you,if you ask,otherwise download the form from the tax website:cool:

yes and get an accountant to sort that out it would proberly take between 8-12 weeks should cost no more than 350 or talk to better tax good reveiws on here

You need to speak to an accountant soon, everything you need for your daily graft is claimable. Digs and travel once you are at the yard are prime candidates but travel from your house to the yard is off limits. Don't take the rip and you will be fine but you will also need to get a proper tax code as week 1 is emergency tax which may mean a wee claim coming your way.;)

Hi guys,

We're always happy to give you free advice if you give us a call.

joebag, your's sounds pretty messed up and complicated but if you are in communication with the tax office and they are being helpful, that's great. If you do get stuck and need a hand, let us know.

Yes, you can offset travel and digs against your PAYE tax bill. If you are paying out for that, chances are you may have legitimate claims for other expenses.

We can't just give out a list because all cases are individual and besides, we wouldn't want to be giving information that could be misinterpreted.

Do be careful of not keeping receipts. In the first instance, it's fine, but any claim you make does need to be backed up, if push comes to shove.

The advice we give is to get 12 envelopes/ plastics wallets at the start of the tax year and just shove any receipts in there each month. Yes, bank statements and credit card statements are proof, but don't individualise purchases, so HMRC can get funny about it, and they do:mad:.

Even cash purchases get receipts... you know that!!

Anyway, we're here if you need us.

Top Bottom