Tachos

There is the problem mate , no one seems to know , so if a young copper pulls you aint it easier to have a poxy tacho in the machine rather then stand there arguing the toss with him , then he gets the hump with you and decides to take you to the weigh bridge and do you for an insecure load .

Lol seems to be a lot of confusion lol

I have allways believed that reguardless-within the operating base area no logbook or tacho where required....logbooks can & must be kept if your tacho is broken or you dont normally operate outside your operating boundaries ...
Think i'll av a look @ the old paperwork just to check lol

Another topic, I have the old licence, my mate says I can still drive 7.5 ton wagons on this. Is this right??

Your well old enough to have grandfather rights Fred :laugh::laugh:

If you where over 21 and had a full licence before 2000 your sound.

We were stopped by the police about 3 years ago and got our wrists slapped for our scaffolder/driver having too many used tacho charts in the cab
The police visited my office the next day and told me to make sure that we only had THE CURRENT WEEK PLUS THE PREVIOUS FRIDAY, which I implemented

Then about 3 months ago we get a roadside stop by VOSA and get put of the road becuase our driver only had a weeks tacho charts on him instead of the minimum 28 days he was ment to have
So I jumped in the car with the previous 3 weeks charts for my scaffolder to enable the VOSA witch to lift the proibition on the vehicle

Then she gives me a lecture on the tacho regs
The bit about me having to produce 28 days tachos when I only drive the 7.5 ton truck about one day a month if that is absolutly crazy

Ahhh now i have an answer for that...

When you get stopped & they ask you for your previous just inform them you've only got todays cos ur not the driver, as the usual driver is off sick & your only driving today as a favour to ur boss.;)

I explaned exactly that to her
she said i still have to have 27 tachos filled in with other work written on them each of them for the previous 27 days
WHAT A LOAD OF BULL

sure its a full month on the driver with a set period held in the office, check with the RHA or similar, they will also do anaylise etc for you if required. Its been sometime since I did this type of work and also since I sat the CPC however what I would say is only keep the minimum you need to, if you do get a vosa inspection and you have 10 years worth, they more than likely will inspect them all and any wrongs found on them you could be in the sh*t for!

same with defect reports, keep only what you need to legally keep, after that get rid.

do you hold an operators licence?

Only got one year now as the last 9 years before that have gone through the shredder yesterday ;)

I explaned exactly that to her
she said i still have to have 27 tachos filled in with other work written on them each of them for the previous 27 days
WHAT A LOAD OF BULL
I was told the same my passenger drove the day before as I was of sick ,when we got stopped they found his tacho they said he should fill a blank tacko in even know he wasn't driving and only drove 1 day none of this makes sense to me as you don't need any with in your radius he also said I would hear about this but never did.he also gave me a warning for not switching the rest and break buttons,and work,he then told me it would be better to use log books as they dont involve rest and breaks all they have on them is reg ,start place ,time of start ,finish time and how long you drove for that day

Top Bottom