Tachos

philliosmaximus

Reaction score
Anyone know how long you are legally obliged to keep the paper disks ,
i got a filing Cabernet drawer full of the things :unsure:

Longer than these
tacos.png

I think you need to keep you last 28 days .....but have your last 7 on you at all times..not 100% on that thou phil.:idea:

I got these things going back over 10 years :eek:

I thought you had to keep them for x amount of years

I think 18 months .
I went on a course for this 40 hours driving and was told there is no need to do course as scaffs are classed as incidental drivers .was also told if you drive less than 4 hours a day and go less than 50k fom operating centre you don't need any tachos does has any one heard of this the info was from the road haulage association

-our road traffic commissioner originally told me that the old tachos need to be kept for a min of 5 years.
-no more than the previous 3 days left in the cab.
-Tachos not required if working within a 30 mile radius of the operating base.
-CPRC not required by scaffs as driving is not our primary role ( this is also stated in the rha handbook)

-our road traffic commissioner originally told me that the old tachos need to be kept for a min of 5 years.
-no more than the previous 3 days left in the cab.
-Tachos not required if working within a 30 mile radius of the operating base.
-CPRC not required by scaffs as driving is not our primary role ( this is also stated in the rha handbook)
If you employ a driver he need 28 in the cab so they can see hi work pattern

scaffs are exempt from tacho disc,as there main job is scaffolding,not driving.
if the person driving the wagon,drives less than four hours a day,then you don't need to wright the hours down.if driving no more than thirty miles as the crow flys,from base.

I thought if it was an 18 ton truck you had to use tachos whatever

Gary ...if u employ a driver ...he's a driver not a scaff & therefore must do the 40hrs over 5 years for his cpc although you dont av to do em in 1 go but the individual modules can be done cica £50 -normally can be done on a saturday morning.
If you employ someone who's principle work is scaffolding & only use a lorry to get your goods to site then a cpc is not required

I got copies of the road haulage association handbook with the paragraph highlighted kept in each lorry phil .....only had to pull it out once to an overzelous young traffic cop who started giving it the large, then went all quite to my smug smirk lol

Confused? You will be after looking at this thread. :blink:

Didn't read it to the bottom right enough. Good info SP;)

Hello mate. I've literally just being dealing with all this ******** as I've just had my Ops Licence granted a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely the last 28 days worth in the cab at all times and 12 months worth in the office - Unless you are having to keep records for the Working Time Directive - then it's 24 months.

Hello mate. I've literally just being dealing with all this ******** as I've just had my Ops Licence granted a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely the last 28 days worth in the cab at all times and 12 months worth in the office - Unless you are having to keep records for the Working Time Directive - then it's 24 months.
Did you find out if you are a scaffolder and drive less than 4hours a day and no more than 50k or 30 miles from yard

Hello mate. I've literally just being dealing with all this ******** as I've just had my Ops Licence granted a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely the last 28 days worth in the cab at all times [COLOR="red"[COLOR="Black"][/COLOR][/COLOR]and 12 months worth in the office - Unless you are having to keep records for the Working Time Directive - then it's 24 months.

That really surprises me as the last vosa stop & check i had we had a warning over the fact we had 10 previous in the box & they said that was too many....are you sure your not confusing that you must have the previous 30 days on record for inspection @ the operating base

Last edited:
That really surprises me as the last vosa stop & check i had we had a warning over the fact we had 10 previous in the box & they said that was too many....are you sure your not confusing that you must have the previous 30 days on record for inspection @ the operating base
Iam pretty sure it's 28 days but if you don't need them becouse you are a scaff and do less than 4 hours driving and no more than 30 miles from yard what happens then

Gary if you dont use a Tacho then you must keep a log book of all Journeys.
The 30 mile radius ( Tacho exempt) only applys to lorrys 7.5 tonne or under.
And that is changing as well.

Gary if you dont use a Tacho then you must keep a log book of all Journeys.
The 30 mile radius ( Tacho exempt) only applys to lorrys 7.5 tonne or under.
And that is changing as well.
I do keep a log book just in case but on a course I was on they said you don't need any paper work but not sure my self

Top Bottom