T.K Palmers

palmers in blackfriers,paddington stations belvadere incinarator pretty busy in london at the present a think.

What a **** firm,full of dead wood :laugh:

Palmers had quite a good name in London in the 80s i met a few lads who worked for them

I served my time at Palmers Charlton depot 1985 -1989 it was split in to two areas City/West End and South London/Kent. Did a lot of government work around Whitehall, Some of the jobs I worked on at the time were the Metropole Building , The War Office and No 10 Downing Street after 1985 IRA mortar attack. The old hands took no **** of the trainees and sent them packing back to the yard if there was any slacking or back chat .

At the time they were part of BTR who owned many diverse companies including Dunlop and were part of the FT 100 index .

No you where spot on bud

QUOTE=superscaff75;38372]does anyone know anything or heard anything about a company called T.K Palmers,

passed a building site yesterday , the scaffold is painted the same colour as Palmers always used to be, and i noticed all the boards have T.K Palmers branded onto them

so im thinking surely thyssen krupp palmers arnt doing building sites surely it was a barratts site :weird:[/QUOTE]
THAT WILL BE palmers they are doing a lot of town work up geordy and macm land at minitue

yeah they definetly in hebburn . or at least they were unyil they walked friday . has any one ever noticed that all there scaffolders are over 60 and cant walk properly .all the ones on hebburn are from smoggie land.where youfrom nick66

big one up round by that garage thats had scaffold on it last ten years manky boards and beams (shore job i think)

Yeah I looked at that job last year but nothing came of it. Shore built the original slash-up and the client bought the scaffold a few years ago.

Someone has plonked a temporary roof on top of the original independant. I didn't realise it was Palmers - although it's a proper abortion.

phill the palmers job is up for osbornes round the corner

palmers tk took a job off me on my doorstep and to say we were cheap was an understatement and we had just finished a big nursing home for this firm...They beat us hands down on price and i aint got a clue how they did the job for the money...As for Barratt we made a loss on every house and had a falling out just about every day of the week...nightmare...We finally came to our senses and are now much better off working for the smaller firms....

There is a lot of that going on mate all it does is drive the prices down and keeps them down , nothing wrong with healthy competition but some firms seem to be cutting their own throats

There is a lot of that going on mate all it does is drive the prices down and keeps them down , nothing wrong with healthy competition but some firms seem to be cutting their own throats
To be busy just to say you are busy makes no sense at all if you don't make any money...Sometimes i just don't get it...

Top Bottom