System?

aom

Reaction score
I have been thinking on this for a while now, ever since they told me there is not a job built from tube that cannot be replicated in system built in half the time. The biggest obstacle has always been cost, we have invested 13 years in tube and some system and can't just throw that away to start again. One supplier has now offered a sort of trade in deal to switch to his system and I wondered if anyone else has ever considered it or better still, ever done it?

aom you know that there are jobs that cant be done with system
allround plus 8 cuplok haki plettac kwikstage i have used them all and as much as they are all good in their own ways when you hit an obstacle or close boarded then it doesnt work and the spanner is out underslinging here and there etc.when your tube gets bent you cut the bent bit off and you will still have a tube;)

You would still need to retain a fair stock of t&f though in my opinion,i'd rather have a good stock of t&f and maybe some system than the other way around,saying that though,i've no system at all:)

I have been thinking on this for a while now, ever since they told me there is not a job built from tube that cannot be replicated in system built in half the time. The biggest obstacle has always been cost, we have invested 13 years in tube and some system and can't just throw that away to start again. One supplier has now offered a sort of trade in deal to switch to his system and I wondered if anyone else has ever considered it or better still, ever done it?

The type of System is not really the issue........

The fact that you even pose the question suggests that you know the true answer:

JMW Turner and Tracy Ermin are considered to be English Artists.....

Which one do you think is the Confidence Trickster or Blagger?

Turner is Tube and Fittings.....Ermin is...well.... a disaster!...I rest my case :D

England.gif

Layher is the future! Massive investment in innovation what has the other system manufacturers done in regards of new componants. Not much what so ever is the answer. The Layher adjustable bay and boards make it fit on any elevation. Check out Scaffolding Southampton | Layher Scaffolding | Scaffolding Hampshire | Scaffolding Wiltshire | Scaffolding Dorset | Modus Access | Modus Access UK Ltd. or contact 48.3 scaffold designs. Cuplock / Genlock needs a lot of new innovation and design investing to get it anywhere near Layher. The golden rule is any system is only as good if you have all the relevant components to make it work.

We have had the discussion tube V system many times and I don't want to get bogged down too much in that. To answer Bobby's question, it's a Lahyer copy, not everyone's cup of tea but as one guy said to me once, it meets customer demand on price.

Layher is the future! Massive investment in innovation what has the other system manufacturers done in regards of new componants. Not much what so ever is the answer. The Layher adjustable bay and boards make it fit on any elevation. Check out Scaffolding Southampton | Layher Scaffolding | Scaffolding Hampshire | Scaffolding Wiltshire | Scaffolding Dorset | Modus Access | Modus Access UK Ltd. or contact 48.3 scaffold designs. Cuplock / Genlock needs a lot of new innovation and design investing to get it anywhere near Layher. The golden rule is any system is only as good if you have all the relevant components to make it work.

I have used various Systems.....unfortunately it always comes down to the same thing:

We don't have everything, so make it up with tube and fittings.....Hence:

It takes LONGER!......:eek:

England.gif

I think that's the point Charlie, it only really works if you are willing to invest some serious dosh and get it all.

We have had the discussion tube V system many times and I don't want to get bogged down too much in that. To answer Bobby's question, it's a Lahyer copy, not everyone's cup of tea but as one guy said to me once, it meets customer demand on price.

On the Olympics I actually used proper layher for phd and a Chinese version/copy for slick seating gl events. You can spot the difference straight away but only in looks, performance wise its exactly the same mate, happyhugenoet and big fish are spot on with the bridling/underslinging with tube but on pricework its unbelievably quick to get up its only the snagging that drives ppl mad, trust me I know I'm doing cuplock on price at the mo:mad: other than that I can recommend it :)

Last edited:
On the Olympics I actually used proper layher for phd and a Chinese version/copy for slick seating gl events. You can spot the difference straight away but only in looks, performance wise its exactly the same mate, happyhugenoet and big fish are spot on with the bridling/underslinging with tube but on pricework its unbelievably quick to get up its only the snagging that drives ppl mad, trust me I know I'm doing cuplock in price at the mo:mad: other than that I can recommend it :)

Thanks for the tip Bobby. We have Genlock at the moment but not a lot, it's not a Chinese copy, I should've said it's Ringscaff from Scaffomrux. Maybe not as extensive as Layher but just looking around at options.

Thanks for the tip Bobby. We have Genlock at the moment but not a lot, it's not a Chinese copy, I should've said it's Ringscaff from Scaffomrux. Maybe not as extensive as Layher but just looking around at options.

One tip/ warning (sure you already know this)

DO NOT USE KWIKSTAGE!!!!!! It's worse than the great plague in my opinion can't stand it, you've gotta be the hardest scaffolder in the world to put up with that mate lol

Hello Bobby Your Taking My System (Kwikstage) Im Not Getting Drawn Into Any Arguments About That Fine Modular System Scaffold Kwikstage. (Only Joking Buddy,) There Are Somedays That I Would Cheerfully Take A Stihll Saw To The Lot.

Scaffrom or whatever its called was used extensively in g mouth by hertel but was a mess with lapped boards
like all system as long as its a straight run and the way they build houses nowadays at all sorts of angles and in shots get it to feck;)

haha, I agree with you but I have only ever used it once in Ardesier doing the legs of a rig. Gerscaff, who has used it a lot will have a different take on it. I have always reckoned your personal preference will always come from whatever you have used the most off rather than any great love off one over another, just my theory.

Hello Bobby Your Taking My System (Kwikstage) Im Not Getting Drawn Into Any Arguments About That Fine Modular System Scaffold Kwikstage. (Only Joking Buddy,) There Are Somedays That I Would Cheerfully Take A Stihll Saw To The Lot.

Ha funnily enough I stormed of today for a smoke after I smashed my thumb with my hammer!!!!

One tip/ warning (sure you already know this)

DO NOT USE KWIKSTAGE!!!!!! It's worse than the great plague in my opinion can't stand it, you've gotta be the hardest scaffolder in the world to put up with that mate lol

Hahahahahahaha...........Yellow Peril

I would rather go back to wooden poles and wire bonds than use that!

But it's all Horses for Courses....use what you can make money with :suspicious:

England.gif

I wasnt slagging kwikstage because i dint need to
i was meaning the stuff you have been offered the point is no matter what system its all the same
straight runs all day long,but some of the components are fecking heavy and you cant slide the gear through your hands;)

Just remember scaffom rux launching legal action action last year with there statement that you could mix there product with Layher. Once they realised that writ was going to court they backed down very fastly and ran away!
Just look at the kielder roof!

Scaffrom or whatever its called was used extensively in g mouth by hertel but was a mess with lapped boards
like all system as long as its a straight run and the way they build houses nowadays at all sorts of angles and in shots get it to feck;)

I think if I was ever going to swap I would get rid of the timber and use the decks.

Top Bottom