Sway Bracing Across 1 Bay

I suppose not,I just thought the fitting used to fixed a brace hat to be load bearing a single is not , but what do i know.

Exactly, AOM is the new instructor, tomorrow nights topic will be window pinches!

Window pinches it thats some sort of tool a window cleaner uses? our are you trying to teaching me how to eat an Easter egg after 36 years in the game?

Yes mate another material/labour more cost effective way of securing a scaffold to the building, all thats required is existing transoms pinched either side of bay window or window reveal, or heavy duty type is single behind pillars on side windows and cut a bit of your charge hands marking stick off so single bites good and proper. No expensive Hilti pull testing kit required or stupid calibration certificate and putting in extra gear, as for those raw plug type, the plugs came in handy for putting up shelves and pictures at home!!

Still think my way is better, as only use 2 swivels and one single and it goes through 3 lifts. You do the maths!!

Instructor is correct these should be load bearing couplers.
A single is not a load bearing coupler and as such your brace span is now over two lifts and not one thus the brace length is beyond the allowable.
Using the single at the mid lift position also increases the effective length of your lift height as the middle node is inadequatley restrained. Thus a 2m lift will lose in the region of 50% of its capacity
regards
Alan

Top Bottom