Sway Bracing Across 1 Bay

rjn01

Reaction score
I know it's been discussed before but can anyone confirm if sway bracing across one bay is compliant with tg20 on normal lifts on new builds, in house safety advisor said over 2 bays, if anything i could print out in black and white i'd be grateful.I thought 1 bay bracing was ok below certain height then plan brace was needed there after
Cheers

Sway brace over one bay is ok but you need to introduce plan bracing at 1:12 bays then every 4 lifts if the scaffold is over 8m high (to be TG20 compliant).

I.E. up to 8m single sway brace is ok.

Got the tg20 booklet here it says

"facade/sway bracing is fitted to the outside standards to the full height of the scaffold every 6 bays. it should extend across 2 ledger braced bays (preferred), be in a single continuous line, or fitted over a single bay.

if the scaffold is fitted with facade bracing over a single bay and the scaffold is greater than 8m in height, then plan bracing will be required."

bla bla bla!

across 2 bays and 2 lifts... but this changing again in tg 13... rumored..

Simple's just brace across two bays from the start

if you brace 1 bay form start at 8m level you have to plan brace

I put 20ft sways in 5-8ft towers and wrap a single round a transom/sway if they cross, is that okay?

Should be fine, it's not going anywhere.

Remember a sway across 2 bays but across only 1 lift is incorrect.... even though everyone insists on doing it that way......

Remember a sway across 2 bays but across only 1 lift is incorrect.... even though everyone insists on doing it that way......

I have posted many times Flinty about how poor that looks, but they tell me that is actually the strongest method. To be honest, I never changed from the single bay, although have thought about the one lift thing but just the look if it puts me off.

Still think my way is better, as only use 2 swivels and one single and it goes through 3 lifts. You do the maths!!

Picking up the transom through the lift, don't you know anything instructor!!

Yes Instructor, don't you know anything?:laugh:

Top Bottom