Suspended

guthrie

Reaction score
I got a job yesterday and asked the price and was told they didn't know, I put 40-50% off the job up riving and taring. I was then told this morning the job was £500. So I said I wasn't doing the rest of the job and to get some one else to finish it off. I then drove back to the yard and have been suspended on groce misconduct. Am I being a little bitch or not? Plus there's a stack to do on the gable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Moral of the story: Don't start a job until you know what you're getting.

It looks like they're paying over £5.00 a linear metre and £100 for the stack. How much were you expecting?

Roughly 300ft 2xlifts boarded plus stack, plus them dorma peaked windows need handrail. Maybe I've been hot headed but on other sites lads are getting £405 for a 3 sider with a 20ft barrow run 1x lift boarded, 26ft front and back 30ft gables 2 lifts, God nas probably me spitting my dummy out.... We've all done it ha

Plus I'm not getting actual 500 for it as this is how my wages are

firm pay there part 1's £8ph, part £2's 9ph and adv £10.majority of the work is price and they've came up with this bonus scheme. Right just say for instance if your squad is made up of a part 1, 2 and an advanced scaffolder your flat weekly wage would be £1053 but for your bonus to kick in you have to make an extra 22% on that which gives you £1284.66 then any thing you make after that, is classed as your bonus which you also get a 13% squad charge deduction off. So just say you get a price job and the company says it's £2000

Job £2000
squad weekly wage £1053
Squad wage plus 22% £1284.66.
Bonus = £715.34
bonus minus 13% squad charge £622.35

Then you divide that by your squad

advanced 40%=£248.94
Part2 35% =£217.82
Part1 25% =£155.59

Then you get that bonus in 2 weeks on top of your flat wage.

It seems a little strange to me that those running costs are not factored in and deducted before you are given your price.

To be honest I think it's just a head f**k so they can rip you and it makes a job price look better then what it actually is. God knows.

That Is Probably The Most Complicated Bonus Scheme I Have Ever Seen, Why On Gods Green Earth Do Some (Not All) Scaffold Companies Rip Off The Work Force, Its The Blokes On The Spanners That Make A Scaffold Company Profitable.

I think you should go in the office tommorrow and say "stick your job up your fookin arse" - thats what i would do!

That has got too be the most complicated way of working I have ever heard of, price work, that's the price throw it up and dived it between your gang how you see fit.
My advice tell to shove it get your lads jump on a train and head for London ;)

That has got too be the most complicated way of working I have ever heard of, price work, that's the price throw it up and dived it between your gang how you see fit.
My advice tell to shove it get your lads jump on a train and head for London ;)

Exactly - that's what i've been doing for the last 15 years!

Top Bottom