Survey

You lot on a wind up???

Its in a forrest and your now talking about duck ties and platipus anchors...
Having us on aint you??? :D

Oh ok i got it...

Have you given a thought of using Hamster wrenches to add some stability to it? :laugh:!

the platipus is the one used them to tie in roofed and sheeted grandstands in the early nineties,when i saw mention of duckbills i was starting to doubt myself.I was only a pup at the time and probably didnt pay as much attention as i should have.
I done a simmilar job with old scaff in the monalaith mountains for the monarch of the glen series.the job we built was one of the scariest jobs ive ever built,a due to lack of material and a lack of safety gear but what a laugh.
the job was cuplock 10 lifts high with cargo straps tie in the same fashion as guylines only it only reached up 4 lifts.the movement of the cuplock and the sway of the douglas firs made for the biggest **** scareing optical illusion ive ever experienced.the fact we only had 4 boards lapped cape to corner made it worse.
i wont even start with the fecking midges

Best bet is to have a chat with Bill Furguson and his boys, they will know what to expect wind wise and have some ideas of what you would be trying to fix into. Also as its 2 years plus it should be designed to the permanent works code!

Top Bottom