Suddenly the job is easy...

Paid nearly 400 sobs including the frog marra.
Its a beast in the less experienced hands, but has a warranty of 3 years.
But once used to it, its like a magnum in the world of the impact wrench.
Guess I will hang on to it in case I may have to strip a job that has been up for years and the fittings have seized up.

bit of an investment for the odd rusty job ill tell ya what ill swap you for a silverline ratchet a lad at works for its about 2ft will work wonders on rusty fittings just have to swipe it ;)

After procuring 2 hilti wrenches being used with easy fix the job has become a piece of pi ss... This last week we have rattled up at least twice as much kit and been finished every day for no later than 2 o'clock and we had Wednesday off. You never know at this rate we might even make some proper money...:D take my advice BUY YOURSELF A F UCKING IMPACT WRENCH...

Should be finished at that time every day. Just ask the bouffont kid he will say thats a long day!!

After procuring 2 hilti wrenches being used with easy fix the job has become a piece of pi ss... This last week we have rattled up at least twice as much kit and been finished every day for no later than 2 o'clock and we had Wednesday off. You never know at this rate we might even make some proper money...:D take my advice BUY YOURSELF A F UCKING IMPACT WRENCH...

Drills or 'Wrenches' are for chippies... NOT Scaffolders - imho only, everyone to themselves.
Glad you've been having a few good days though. :)

Your opinion mate but its a pointless one I think. Why are they only for other trades? Considering all the other power tools most trades use to make the job easier I'm surprised its taken this long for these to become common place in scaffolding.

They are a great tool for our trade and the main point is they make the work easier! Anything that does that has to be a bonus doesn't it?

F**king love my impact wrench, makes graft so much more enjoyable after 17 years swinging a spanner :)

Drills or 'Wrenches' are for chippies... NOT Scaffolders - imho only, everyone to themselves.
Scaffolding is all about getting the job done and getting a flyer.you obviously view the job a lot differently to others.lets see how you feel about em when you've been at it 30 odd years brother...

going to get one of these wrenches been using the spanner over thirty years and its taking it toll out of my body anything to make my life abit more easier

Apparently hilti and the nasc have been going at it about the wrenches being fit for purpose and hilti have proved they are and said to the nasc because we are offering an alternative to the spanner what will you do when you're members come on about RSI after you have advised the industry that they aren't fit for purpose.according to the hilti rep the nasc are now a bit undecided on what to do.i can only imagine that those goons will only support the wrenches if theirs something in it for them...

is there anyone who has tried the wrench and gone back to the spanner ????

Apparently hilti and the nasc have been going at it about the wrenches being fit for purpose and hilti have proved they are and said to the nasc because we are offering an alternative to the spanner what will you do when you're members come on about RSI after you have advised the industry that they aren't fit for purpose.according to the hilti rep the nasc are now a bit undecided on what to do.i can only imagine that those goons will only support the wrenches if theirs something in it for them...

Everyone wants to pass the blame on any potential blame for anything.

Far as I know Hiliti get away with it because they call them nut runners, so you're supposed to do it up to tight using your spanner. Which is a load of sh!t, that's no quicker having to put it away and get your spanner out, and what makes the spanner so accurate with the torque?? My wrist doesn't have a torque measurer!

These are quality tools and why is it everytime something new comes out everyone wants to ban them, IWs vibrate too much, ratchets can over tighten, the magnets in your level will give you cancer.... nothing surprises me anymore.

A common theme to this thread is the older guy's seem to like them as they already know what years of turning a spanner thousands of times a day can do to your body. Maybe the younger one's should think about it before their wrists and forearms turn to concrete.

Chippies have been using impact drivers for years now.
What would it be like going back to driving screws manually for them. The job would take forever.
Dont be a dinosaur Jason these wrenches are fast , acurate and only going to improve.
I cant believe it has taken this long to catch on and still you guys are resisting change .
One way or another this will be the future for tube & fitting.

They may have to be a bit more compliant though.

Top Bottom